300 Gallon Stock Tank- Setup question

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Ran these tubs for years and they dont bow at all completly full, These things r tuff. Ive seen plently of them raised up on some cinder blocks aswell. As few as 5 bricks spaced around the outside and one brick in the middle. Personally i always ran mine on the ground but enough cinders and plywood would b more than fine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Steveo McNello

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2010
SW Burbs of Chicago
Then why all the stories about repairing them and them cracking? Im hearing very conflicting arguments haha. If a machine makes thousands of them the same way youd think there would be some consistency. Which case is the majority?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Nikki0601

Gambusia
Dec 17, 2013
Bonifay,FL
I put up two 100 gallon tanks and here's my stand, built from 12 cinder blocks and six 2"x1'x8' boards, under $100 easy as pie to put together.

oakes

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2009
Lynchburg, VA
These things are built tough, mine never bowed..currently running two 100 gallon rubbermaids for filtration on my SW tank and I have one raised on cinder blocks and haven't noticed any issues.
The only stock tanks I have seen that bow are the laguna water basins, I have one and it bows but it's built for it, just hard to frame and make lids for..about the same size just different footprint, wish I still had my 300 gallon rubbermaid

dmopar74

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2006
Tri cities washington
Rubbermaid stock tanks do not bow, break, crack, or whatever else you can think of. These things are thrown about on uneven farmland in the sun for years and do not break. Do not worry about the tub at all, anything that will hold the weight of the water for the stand is sufficient.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store