300G preview - Angels!

TheOscarGuy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2006
Westborough, MA
Very nice tank! Once you have the Geos you will have the same combination as me (except I also have another Geo variety). I love the wild look. You should get some more wild angels from a different source.

I have considered adding the background you have myself but was worried that since it involved cutting and gluing parts together that it won't look one solid background. Can you notice the cuts after they have been glued?

peacock madness

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i love that background, it definitely makes the tank.. just need a lil more manza and then some more stocking and ur set! ive always thought about a project like this in the back of my head... good to see im not alone lol

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
Thanks for the compliments everybody , it is appreciated! The tank is kinda bare now because I'm in the process of setting it up, but I want to leave the bottom uncluttered for the addition of a ray at some point.

Love the tank, the deco looks great with the background and the branches. What kind of a background is that?
Aquaterra Rainforest background

I have considered adding the background you have myself but was worried that since it involved cutting and gluing parts together that it won't look one solid background. Can you notice the cuts after they have been glued?
It cut pretty easy with a saw but I don't know if you could join two pieces because they may not line up and the seam might be pretty noticeable.

I had the overflows placed specifically for this backgrounds - the middle span is 48" so I could fit one piece in without cutting. I did cut the side pieces to fit, but just the inside edge against the overflow was cut, the outside edge is factory.

I used black silicone down the sides to hold it in place and you can't see the cuts at all.

Sometimes I stare at this tank for hours :drool: Can't wait to get the rest of the stock in...

dxdx

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2010
NJ, USA
How do you like this tank? I was thinking of ordering the same one myself.
MikeF
Love the tank!

Definitely very heavy, but I just couldn't do acrylic when you compare price and the ease of scratching. And with the starphire glass, the clarity of acrylic is there. I just don't want to see a move in the near future. If I had to order another tank, I would do it exactly the same...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store