300gallon Bare Bottom Discus Community Tank in work

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
Nice! I count a dozen? And did you put decorations behind the tank? Never seen that done but I can see why you would.

MKD

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
Garden Grove, CA
they settle in very well so far so good. Here are couple more pics

2x 48" Ecoxotic 8000K and 2x 36" Current USA LED

tried different camera option

night light

group pics

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
What strains are you keeping in there? Looks like PE with the face spots - really good looking fish. Love the big orange ones too - marlboro red?

MKD

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2010
Garden Grove, CA
What strains are you keeping in there? Looks like PE with the face spots - really good looking fish. Love the big orange ones too - marlboro red?
these are what their names when i bought them (other breeders may call different names, don't let names confuse you)

Penang Eruption
Super Tropical Red
Valentine
Haikoon Penang Eruption
Ogon Red White
Cobalts (from my mixed Alex Piwow Cobalt x Forest Blue Diamond)

Nice tank mate. But you should add some drift wood for shelter IMO

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
I used to have DW in 180G tank but they school better without it and more tank space. I need less things to clean up in order to maintain multiple tanks plus breeding. Just wipe, drain, clean filter sponge and fill water back. I know lot of ppl not use to bare bottom look, that's why i want to share it.

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
I really like the yellow on those Trop Reds.

Those Cobalts look great! Did you cross them & raise yourself? Thats great stock to cross - Piwows and Forrest fish. I really like the halos that the Piwow Cobalts get as adults.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store