36" Fire Eel move...

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Another trick I have used in the past is to get the fish used to the pillow case. Days before a move I will let a pillow case simply float around in the tank so that the fish do not see it as a threat and freak out. Makes things much easier later....

akskirmish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
anchorage
Gr8KarmaSF;3790693; said:
Another trick I have used in the past is to get the fish used to the pillow case. Days before a move I will let a pillow case simply float around in the tank so that the fish do not see it as a threat and freak out. Makes things much easier later....

I will plan this then myself...

Greatly appreciate the feedback man......I want this as easiest as possible:headbang2

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Hahaha, nice vid. I gave a "one man show'" to a cutomer who purchased a 30+" FE a while back. It was a mess, but it was fast and painless, for the fish. I thought I was going to throw out my back lifting it out a 300 with a landing net... all while balancing on a stool. The eel in the video looks like it was double the weight of the one I moved though.

Props to the peeps in the video, Good wrok.

KCK

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2010
253, US.
I take this back wrong video. I saw a hilarious one of a father and son moving one about this big.
Great animal.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
I hope it survives, I have heard before about some big eels moved and in the end they didn't make it.

Awesome pattern on it btw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store