450 gallon build thread, 180 gallon racking system starts after

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
While your bass are small you may want to source a flagtail to help keep that wood clean.
I've heard stories of them sucking slime coats is that true?the wood stays clean it's just when I initially added it there was a white fungus that formed as it does with most driftwood the powerheads have gotten rid of 95% of it still blows pieces off now

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Your broko will very beautiful once it gets mature, I have noticed when they have pronounced dirty spots on the belly it offsets the gorgeous green and reds. some broko’s don’t get those dirty spots there. Btw all your bass look really nice

Reactions: tcav88 and mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I've heard stories of them sucking slime coats is that true?the wood stays clean it's just when I initially added it there was a white fungus that formed as it does with most driftwood the powerheads have gotten rid of 95% of it still blows pieces off now
I haven’t had issue. What I’ve read is that they can with rays.

Reactions: tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Your broko will very beautiful once it gets mature, I have noticed when they have pronounced dirty spots on the belly it offsets the gorgeous green and reds. some broko’s don’t get those dirty spots there. Btw all your bass look really nice
thanks cigars cigars bass are my passion I love them, still need a tem and a Peru mono haaa love your collection as well!
I haven’t had issue. What I’ve read is that they can with rays.
what species do you have I'm not super familiar with flagtails, all I have heard is the slime coat issue and to not keep them in groups because they'll kill each other and that one of the species gets 18+24"

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
There are so many that look identical. Mines not as elongate as others I’ve seen. Very defined pattern on the tail. Higher dorsal fin.

Works well with the bass and came recommended since I was keeping bass. I plan on one per tank. I’ll be buying another small one soon.

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
There are so many that look identical. Mines not as elongate as others I’ve seen. Very defined pattern on the tail. Higher dorsal fin.

Works well with the bass and came recommended since I was keeping bass. I plan on one per tank. I’ll be buying another small one soon.
I've heard that they're hands down the best algae eater, what do ya feed your guy? also did you get those sveni you were after?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I've heard that they're hands down the best algae eater, what do ya feed your guy? also did you get those sveni you were after?
Mine eats what the bass don’t get. Pellet training the bass sonolenty of pellets are left over. Other than that, krill and the algae that grow on the plants wood and rocks.

I pick the sveni up tomorrow. I got six.

Reactions: Matteus and tcav88

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Mine eats what the bass don’t get. Pellet training the bass sonolenty of pellets are left over. Other than that, krill and the algae that grow on the plants wood and rocks.

I pick the sveni up tomorrow. I got six.
you think the flagtail would eat shrimp and tilapia?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
you think the flagtail would eat shrimp and tilapia?
If I t could get it it will. They are greedy fish. Mine keep up with the bass and eat whatever I put in there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store