5,000 gallon Arapaima Gigas Tank by JohnPTC

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
So the dream is finally realised! I was just about to post in the giga thread to ask you about the progress on this tank - looks like you beat me to it! You seem to have done this so quickly - it wasn't that long ago we were discussing this tank, and now it's up and running! Well done John, you really seem to have put all the lessons learned in your first tank into this one.
I have to admit, the technical side, especially the plumbing and electrics, hurts my head! How did you know what to do with the first tank, never mind this one?!
Again, well done, hope all the fish are happy and I look forward to seeing more pics...

P.s. what have you stocked the new tank with?

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
The lessons from the first tank ( 6 months) were well applied to the second ( 1 month).

I am a major gear head with a physics background.... kinda like working in the physics lab.....

New tank stocked 100% from old tank, old filter box and old sump for now....

:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :frog:

bmxer4ever;621621; said:
So the dream is finally realised! I was just about to post in the giga thread to ask you about the progress on this tank - looks like you beat me to it! You seem to have done this so quickly - it wasn't that long ago we were discussing this tank, and now it's up and running! Well done John, you really seem to have put all the lessons learned in your first tank into this one.
I have to admit, the technical side, especially the plumbing and electrics, hurts my head! How did you know what to do with the first tank, never mind this one?!
Again, well done, hope all the fish are happy and I look forward to seeing more pics...

P.s. what have you stocked the new tank with?

Hasi

Go hard, or go home
MFK Member
May 30, 2005
Australia
Absolutely stunning and amazing.

I am in absolute awe, the setups are as good if not better then zoo setups.

WOW

:thumbsup:

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
i wish i had room and $$$$ to do a tank for adult gigas !!!! thanks for the compliments !!!!!
:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag

rottbo;622659; said:
SO do you have another planned?? I can pnly assume that this is onyl the begining I am very jealous of your tanks I hope that mine will look that good some day

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
have you seen the tank cam.... there is a jardini in there....from your neighborhood i believe

:arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag :arapaimag

Hasi;622822; said:
Absolutely stunning and amazing.

I am in absolute awe, the setups are as good if not better then zoo setups.

WOW

:thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store