5 gallon low light planted tank

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
I’m bored, so I picked up a single anubias and some soil at my LFS and put it in my quarantine tank. Any other plants I could put in it? Java fern, java moss, more anubias, val?

image.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
There are plenty of species of Anubias, you could dedicate the 5 gallon to Anubias. A special one that comes to mind is some of the new white types that have been popping up. Hendre Hendre has some.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Just don’t plant the Anubis’s. The pic looks like it’s planted. Attach it to wood or a rock. Easy to grow. Water sprite, moss water lily and cryptocornea are pretty easy to grow.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Just don’t plant the Anubis’s. The pic looks like it’s planted. Attach it to wood or a rock. Easy to grow. Water sprite, moss water lily and cryptocornea are pretty easy to grow.
You can plant Anubias, you just can't bury the rhizome.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There are plenty of species of Anubias, you could dedicate the 5 gallon to Anubias. A special one that comes to mind is some of the new white types that have been popping up. Hendre Hendre has some.
A friend had some, unfortunately it melted away. Very picky.

Anubias can be planted on top of substrate in which it'll root but the rhizome must receive light

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Agreed, just make sure the rhizome isnt planted and only the roots are in soil and you’ll be okay...

If you are after other low light plants to compliment the anubias, look into the different types of Bucephalandra...

They are definitely my favorite plant and come in a nice range of colors from different shades of greens, reds, purples and blues depending on the type of plant you get...

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Agreed, just make sure the rhizome isnt planted and only the roots are in soil and you’ll be okay...

If you are after other low light plants to compliment the anubias, look into the different types of Bucephalandra...

They are definitely my favorite plant and come in a nice range of colors from different shades of greens, reds, purples and blues depending on the type of plant you get...
I'll see if my LFS has those, they look nice.

Reactions: Fat Homer

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Yep, that’ll do bud.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store