55+55+29= 139 gallons and 10.5 feet long

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
If that worked, there's no reason someone couldn't just go to lowes and have them cut some glass panels; use 2x2s to brace it.

I really didn't think it would work, since usually glass gets thicker as aquariums get bigger...

Dan F

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2007
Oregon
To be 100% honest, I remember reading this thread when you first posted it and thought to myself "this guy is going to end up with a lot of water and broken glass in his living room soon." But, I kept the negativity to myself. ;)

I'm pleasantly surprised I was wrong! That is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
x2

Very cool that it has worked so well!

MyFishEatYourFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2008
monsterville
theres a fts on page nine i think. i dont have any right now. ill get some when i go to visit.

glass thickness only has to go up with tank height if braced well, because water pressure only increases with depth.

pcfriedrich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2008
North Central Florida
a tank like that would make an awesome African Cichlid setup.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
when i first read the title, i thought this is going to be an interesting read (as in disaster)... but the tank actually turned out looking pretty damn good... also, when you mentioned that who has a 10.5' 140G tank, your right, not many people... plus, even though stock maybe limited, i was going to suggest a well planted tank would look really nice..

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
This is cool I thought about doing this myself with 3 40 breeds that would a 120 gallon and it would be 9 feet long . I found a site that sells the rims and center braces for $1 a foot n $1 a brace or sumthing like that . I figured I would take the side panels of glass that will be taken off an cut them an use them to support the joints that will connectin each tank

Sent from my Comet using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store