55 gal good deal?

dthomasi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Michigan
I have a chance to pick up a 55 gal all glass with stand, canopy, two aquaclear 300's, one misc. other filter, two misc heaters, and a bunch of other supplies that I don't need. (gravel siphon, etc.)

Does $250 sound like a decent price? The tank is basically ready to add water and fish, and is a little under a year old.

Also, I don't live in So. Cal (unfortunately) so there aren't a million used tanks being sold for ridiculously low prices.

rjmtx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 14, 2007
Louisiana
Seems ok, the misc filters and heaters could make or break the deal. I say go for it, but you could get larger and cheaper if you wait. But yeah, I'd call it a decent price if everything's in like new condition.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Doesn't sound bad if the stand and canopy look good. Maybe offer them $200 and see what they say.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
dthomasi;1215841; said:
I have a chance to pick up a 55 gal all glass with stand, canopy, two aquaclear 300's, one misc. other filter, two misc heaters, and a bunch of other supplies that I don't need. (gravel siphon, etc.)

Does $250 sound like a decent price? The tank is basically ready to add water and fish, and is a little under a year old.

Also, I don't live in So. Cal (unfortunately) so there aren't a million used tanks being sold for ridiculously low prices.
Does it have lights, and what kind? I paid less than that for a 75 with PC lights.

dthomasi

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2007
Michigan
The lights are just cheaper fluorescents I believe. I have a couple of cheaper and larger options, but what makes or breaks it for me is my location. My other options require a half day of driving each day, and gas quickly outweighs the price. The price they charge for a 55 gal set-up at my lfs is over $400!! :-/

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
dthomasi;1215941; said:
The lights are just cheaper fluorescents I believe. I have a couple of cheaper and larger options, but what makes or breaks it for me is my location. My other options require a half day of driving each day, and gas quickly outweighs the price. The price they charge for a 55 gal set-up at my lfs is over $400!! :-/
It's weird how that works. I was trying to sell my 150 for $300 and had no takers.

skiptomyzoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2007
San Diego, CA
Seems like an ok deal, i guess whether its a good deal to you depends on if you want the tanks for its looks or its size.

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
dthomasi;1215841; said:

I'm buying a 75 gal with hood + stand for 300, Most of teh filters are diy, So I'll be averaging about 400 for a up and running tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store