SE PA
Reactions: tlindsey

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Yhan
Umbee is one of my favorite cichlids, Grammodes, Festae, and Chancho, lol... never could get them all in the same tank, I am just coming back to the hobby also and working with a 360 and 200 gallon tank, I will be keeping an eye on your tanks, they look good :)
Thank you

Reactions: tlindsey

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hello everyone. It’s been a long time. This year has been particularly busy with a new baby, finishing up Grad School, and work being busy. I actually sold off quite a bit of my Amazonian stock and just recently decided to completely change it up and have sold, or am selling, all my remaining SA Amazonian fish. My plan is to get back to big and mean CA and SA cichlids from the western slope of the Andes.

I’ve decided to use my 600 as an umbee and Festae setup. I know the likelihood of the two species coexisting are dicey since those umbee have proven to be incredibly aggressive but figured with the amount of cover in the tank from my scape, coupled with the dimensions, it’s worth a shot.

My 280 will be usedan Usamacinta setup and have Parachromis Friedrichshtali (Multifasciatus) Pantos De Centla, Vieja Bifasciatus Rio Chacamax, and Trichromis Salvini Rio Candelaria on order and they will be placed in here with a group of wild Sailfin Mollies (Poecilia Latippina). I’m also considering a group oXiphphorus Helleri Rio Otapa but feel that this will likely not work with the Parachromis. Would love your insights.

some pictures to show the setups.

First is the 280. Scape consist of Lace rock and roots. The plants are not biotope correct and I don’t care. I like the look of anubias and plan to feature them in this scape. The sand is a mix of PFS and some seachem Flourite sand. Love the shade it gives when mixed together and flows perfectly with the shade of lace rock I have that presents a reddish hue.

There are still some fish in here that will be gone soon. Currently the tank houses a pair of Crenicichla Zebrina, a group of four Acaronia Vultuosa, and a school of Ctenolucius Hujeta.

View attachment 1482076

View attachment 1482077
Where do you get your driftwood?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Reactions: kno4te

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Cichlidfever

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Bowie, MD.
Wow! Your tank is gorgeous you are keeping UMBEES Wow! I will be watching you UMBEES are my favorite Cichlid 🙂 I hope everything works out 🙂

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Wow! Your tank is gorgeous you are keeping UMBEES Wow! I will be watching you UMBEES are my favorite Cichlid 🙂 I hope everything works out 🙂
Thank you brother!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store