60g wide parrots/convicts need opinions!

exoticaquaria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2012
Shreveport
not sure if any of you have been following my topics but I currently have a 60 gallon wide with three parrot fish of which I know I have atleast one female and two one inch male convicts and one slightly larger female. im just looking for an aquarium with fry, ive kept rays, aros, gars and so on and after ten years of advancing in the hobby I just miss the good old days I guess.. tell,me what you guys think, is the aquarium over crowded for now? when should I expect convict fry? how does the setup look, anything you would change? if your interested check out my recent topic for my breeding plans. temp 80f, ph 7.5 and all the bad words are just right. im feeding a mixture of bloodworms/hikari pellets twice a day. let me know what you think!

exoticaquaria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2012
Shreveport
my youtube username is davidblank35 and the video title is 60 gallon wide with the tag aquarium. im on my iphone and I guess I did it wrong because I cant find it. sorry.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
When the males are equal or greater size than the female you might start seeing some fry. Assuming there is no fighting you are pretty much stocked now and it should be fine for the most part. Just don't add anymore and keep an eye out for aggression on the convicts part.

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
Ill check out the video, but i have seen parrot convict hybrids at a couple local petsmart so cross breeding may occur

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
my youtube username is davidblank35 and the video title is 60 gallon wide with the tag aquarium. im on my iphone and I guess I did it wrong because I cant find it. sorry.
[video=youtube;1MOsI9e5zEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOsI9e5zEI[/video]

exoticaquaria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2012
Shreveport
Ill check out the video, but i have seen parrot convict hybrids at a couple local petsmart so cross breeding may occur
thats what im hoping for!
[video=youtube;1MOsI9e5zEI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MOsI9e5zEI[/video]
thank you! let me know what you guys think. one of the males is much darker with longer fins and constantly courting the female. he keeps the other male away from her but their all feeding together so all is well for now, plus im sure ive provided enough hiding spots for when aggression does occur.

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
No you haven't, what you have seen is Pink Convicts...They may be called Jellybean Parrots but they are in no way a Parrot Cichlid.

exoticaquaria

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2012
Shreveport
No you haven't, what you have seen is Pink Convicts...They may be called Jellybean Parrots but they are in no way a Parrot Cichlid.
but the parrot and convict are one of the most common crosses. ive seen quite a few parrot/convict hybrids at my LFS. are u sure this isnt what hes talking about?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store