640gal tank project

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I did get my wife a better camera but she is not home and I don't know where she keeps her camera so I took a couple of shots with my phone during a water change.

Current stock=
10 silver dollars
5 angel fish
9 rio meta cichla 5 to 6"
3 tank bread ocell's 5 to 6"
1 ugly kelberi 7"
2 Lima shovel nose 6" and 7"
1 ripsaw 6"
1 flag tail 5"
1 stunted channel cat 7"

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595094.685794.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595123.004902.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595150.806529.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595174.152715.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595197.131638.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595223.052914.jpg

ImageUploadedByMonsterAquariaNetwork1333595243.050182.jpg

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
Ah, I see it's been a while since this was updated, maybe I'm behind but do ya have any updates? I'd love to see how the fish are growing out in that monster of a tank. I was hopin' maybe you gifted that nice camera and spent some time practicing on your monsters.

Houma's a solid town too, I was living down there when i was working on the oil spill, never thought of putting some local monsters in that tank?
I do have a channel cat if that counts lol
I am a machinist and I built some parts for the oil spill, man that was some hectic time lines!!!

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I did not realize I had that many fish in that tank but with them all being small the tank looks empty.

Also all my 100gal has in it curently is a couple of bristlnose pleco's so when I finally find a couple of tem's to complete my cichla collection I can grow them out.

broken

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2009
Louisiana
I bet you made some coin $$$ :)
Yeah, I made a little extra but not as much as you would think. I was really just making some overtime which is nothing new. We did not have a lot going on with other customers at the time because a lot of the gulf of Mexico was shut down due to the spill. We ended up with the same amount of work but with faster deadlines and crazier hours instead of a lot of scheduled hours lol.
I was also the only one in our shop that was getting all of the overtime because the parts that were being made had to be made in a machine that only I know how to run.

On a side note, I found some tems and will be hopefully ordering them today!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
Ah the fish and tank looks great, quite a case of envy up here. Those peacock bass are going to turn out real nice.

I know I certainly cleaned up during the oil spill (pardon the pun). My company paid for everything except beer, so I had zero expenses. I got in the game late and was laid off by thanksgiving, but certainly made good money for the time I was there. I've lived a lot of places but always been partial to Maryland, however Louisiana was the first place I could have stayed long term, I think. It's certainly a beautiful place to live.

When I say local monsters, I'm talking some Redfish and Specks, maybe some perch? While they'd both certainly outgrow either of those tanks, you could get several years, then have a great excuse for a massive outdoor pond, haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store