650 gallon plywood build

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
WOW! Impressive! Thanks for sharing the build. It is very inspiring.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Great thread, and that's a great build, exceptional work.

Can't wait to see more of this.

Nono428

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2011
NJ
Ok guys here is my last update for a while or till something changes..the tank has been running for a couple of weeks with no problems, drip system was installed and fish were added..i have to say that hard plumbing a tank to a drain and water supply its the best thing that i have experienced in the 15+ years i have kept fish it makes life so much easier..

7EFF7FBB-0E5E-4CD8-9740-99D47E122BE0.png

Yulli

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Ok guys here is my last update for a while or till something changes..the tank has been running for a couple of weeks with no problems, drip system was installed and fish were added..i have to say that hard plumbing a tank to a drain and water supply its the best thing that i have experienced in the 15+ years i have kept fish it makes life so much easier..

View attachment 1388411
Congratz on the baby.

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
Reading back over your build again I see you used pond armor. This is new to me. Do you use more coats on the seams?
Did you put it right on the wood without sealing where you connect the walls together and the bottom?
One more question, what did you connect the framing together with?
Thanks for sharing!

Nono428

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2011
NJ
Reading back over your build again I see you used pond armor. This is new to me. Do you use more coats on the seams?
Did you put it right on the wood without sealing where you connect the walls together and the bottom?
One more question, what did you connect the framing together with?
Thanks for sharing!
[/QUOTE

Hi, i glued all the seams than gave it all one coat of pond armor right over the wood than used 2” strips of fiberglass mat overlapping the corners by one inch and used the pond armor with a brush instead of fiberglass resin to adhere it..waited 24 hours than sanded with 60 grit and recoated it (light sanding between coats, i did 5).
All joints were put together with 2.5” screws 5” apart and 4 lag bolts per side on bottom 3 on sides.

Reactions: johnnymax
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store