6500G Pond Build

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Nope he damaged himself when he was young. His back is fractured.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
oh man i just took a look at this thread and all i can say is, this is one of the best ponds i've seen! it has a great stock and shape but the best part is they way you made it look with all the plants and everything! its like a little piece of the jungle in your back yard :thumbsup: for an awesome build bro!....so when can i move in with you? haha

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
oh man i just took a look at this thread and all i can say is, this is one of the best ponds i've seen! it has a great stock and shape but the best part is they way you made it look with all the plants and everything! its like a little piece of the jungle in your back yard :thumbsup: for an awesome build bro!....so when can i move in with you? haha
Thanks man your are anytime welcome man... Enough space here :D
I will try and get the bog pics later. The bamboos and the others have created a nice foliage.

Thanks G :). The gaurami for some reason since I put them in the pond has been very skittish unlike when they were in the tank. They used to be like a regular boisterous gaurami. They run for shelter anytime a human goes close by. I wonder why? Hmmm
The aros are a fighting bunch. Very interactive as ever.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

chodubhagat

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2013
India , Mumbai
omg dude that pond is pure ecstacy well done man its really inspirational i will surely come to ur house one day if i travel to ur city :p Congrats again on getting Engaged Nasir bro and on ur beautiful pond as well u got real cojones :) i pray to have a pond like urs someday xD

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Hey do you have to heat it it during the winter. Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Sorry for such a late reply. Havent checked in here for quite a while.
Nope, I dont have to heat the pond. I live in a coastal belt. We literally dont have winters. The max the water temp would drop to is 24d. So that is fine for the fishes. And during summers the temps touch 29-30d. Since i have some depth in there it balances it out.

omg dude that pond is pure ecstacy well done man its really inspirational i will surely come to ur house one day if i travel to ur city :p Congrats again on getting Engaged Nasir bro and on ur beautiful pond as well u got real cojones :) i pray to have a pond like urs someday xD
Thanks mate for the good words. I hope your dream comes true for ya :)

Here are some pics i clicked recently....

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

Cheers,

Najib

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
Hello All :)

So after over a month running the pond without any major flaws or issues I am very glad to give yall the update.
Past month the whole system has been working like a charm. Since i had added mainly natives in the pond, it has turned into its own ecosystem with constant supply of feeders for the beasts who reside in there. Today i shifted the last pieces of the puzzle and it was rewarding to see them all in there.
The biggest factor and my most feared worry was Algae. As of now yall will see in the picture and video the water is crystal clear . The rocks and DW are covered with algae which gives them the natural look. I also added sand gravel to finish it off.
I had this gar with me... he was 4" 2months ago... now he is touching 15" in the pond.... thats some awesome growth...
The stock list ::::
Aro X 3
GG X 1
Gar X 1
RTCxTSN X 1
C. Marullius X 1
C. Diplo X 1
Koi X 8
Syno X 2

And loads of natives and guppies....

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyPBUIn4TiU

View attachment 871686View attachment 871687View attachment 871688View attachment 871689View attachment 871690View attachment 871691View attachment 871692View attachment 871693View attachment 871694View attachment 871695

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Nice... how big are your fish in this pond? ANd are those natives and guppies are to be residents or feeders for the predators in this pond?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Thanks mate. They are around 2.5-3' range. Gave my Gar yesterday who was 28". Now that he is gone I can keep some mahsheers :)

The natives are constantly breeding so it works as a steady supply of feeders too.

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
THey are constantly breeding eh? How did you get them to breed btw? Do you provide the natives, guppies and all that places for them to deposit their eggs and breed rampantly or something?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store