6500G Pond Build

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Thank y'all :)

Yes the rocks and crevices that's there provide for good space for them to do their thing. That stock what I had put has definitely thinned but still there are quite a bunch in there. The aros or cats don't go after the juvies or fries as they are too small. This was most of the juvies survive to adulthood. It would be a different case if I add some CA cichlids in there though :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
Thank y'all :)

Yes the rocks and crevices that's there provide for good space for them to do their thing. That stock what I had put has definitely thinned but still there are quite a bunch in there. The aros or cats don't go after the juvies or fries as they are too small. This was most of the juvies survive to adulthood. It would be a different case if I add some CA cichlids in there though :)

I see... what do you recommend for a 1100 gallon pond btw? How many fish can I stock in there... predator and non-predator alike? Should I provide feeders/natives to breed and create rocks, crevices and all that for them to breed?

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
Thanks Ponyman :)

I see... what do you recommend for a 1100 gallon pond btw? How many fish can I stock in there... predator and non-predator alike? Should I provide feeders/natives to breed and create rocks, crevices and all that for them to breed?
What are the dimensions you gonna work on?

Yup adding natives IMO are the best. Provide enough hiding places for these guys and once they are settled they should be breeding continuously. Also, having these lil guys helps in cleaning up whatever is left and if you got some algae eaters like Gara Bicornuta that I have, most of the stone algae are kept in check cause of them.

Stocking plans will be dependant on the dimensions and the kind of fishes you like :)

davion2183

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Indonesia
The dimensions of my pond are 304 cm by 197 cm by 70-80 cm I think. Was thinking of using some barbs, danios and guppies in this pond to breed a lot before putting in larger fish like koi, a few algae eaters like garra sp, and maybe tinfoil barbs. As for preds, maybe a Giant Gourami or two and maybe some red belly pacu or some mahseers, hampala barbs, or some peacock bass.

Gar88

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2011
INDIA
A lil update on the pond :)
[video=youtube;f9ai2y4BgaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ai2y4BgaA[/video]

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store