75 gal. Red eared slider set up

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
LOL that is probably the craziest reply i've gotten! Didn't relize there were people in this area on here!

Hmm i might have to stop by. I'm going to upgrade to a 180 in a year or two so i need like the 4 then, but that might be too much now. So depending on the price it might not be smart to up grade now and then again for the 180

This one does work just not strong enough to push all of the heavy turtle waste across the tank.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Awesome setup, thanks for sharing it.

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
epond83;4351709;4351709 said:
LOL that is probably the craziest reply i've gotten! Didn't relize there were people in this area on here!

Hmm i might have to stop by. I'm going to upgrade to a 180 in a year or two so i need like the 4 then, but that might be too much now. So depending on the price it might not be smart to up grade now and then again for the 180

This one does work just not strong enough to push all of the heavy turtle waste across the tank.
Never would have expected to see a Mod from a forum like this in our neck of the woods. The pumps are pretty cheap.

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
Thanks for the heads up, I'll probably stop in sunday to check them out.

This site never ceases to amaze me!

batteredcakes

Feeder Fish
Mar 14, 2011
US
epond83;4348128; said:
Been on the site for a bit now and noticed this area so thought i would share my set up.

This is the most recent picture

This is the above the tank basking area before i finished the screen for it

Turbo digging a hole to lay some eggs

That's the coolest and nicest basking area I've seen! I love how it's in the tank, the deepness of the sand and just everything about it lol

BTW what sand do you use for your basking/nesting area?

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
I used mt lane sand or somethinf i found at home depot, it is too rough. I need to re-do it with play sand or pool filter sand, i need something that has a large grain size but is not too rough.

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
It's kinda soft, but i think pool filter sand or play sand would be softer, when she slides into the water it scrapes alot and the glass has gotten a bit scratched.

Reactions: Vincent Presto
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store