75 going on 180

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Thanks!

Ill try.
I fed catfish for the first time yesterday. Thought I killed the ctenopoma! he ate a ton of it, piggy! Then he was kinda laying on the bottom "panting" when I walked back in, it freaked me out. He popped right back up and wanted more when I rushed to the tank. Jerk! I think he just ate to much. Everyone went nuts over it though.
Although overeating is no laughing matter, it made me laugh that you said that your ctenopoma was panting lol. Reminds me of magpie magpie 's pic of Macaroni where he is inhaling the food! teheh ;)

are you going to put the ropes in the 180 or the 75?

Reactions: magpie

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Although overeating is no laughing matter, it made me laugh that you said that your ctenopoma was panting lol. Reminds me of magpie magpie 's pic of Macaroni where he is inhaling the food! teheh ;)

are you going to put the ropes in the 180 or the 75?
Ropes are in the 180. I wanted to try and get them established before putting anyone else in. I was hoping to get them eating pellets sooner but doesn't look like they want to comply so hope this doesn't end poorly. I have been soaking the pellets in bloodworm juice and they still don't eat them they spit it out. Ive switched to everyother day feedings now that they are plump. So ill start feeding the 180 tilapia weekly hope they will eat that along with everyone else. They ate catfish. I moved Lucifer and Polly over to the 180 Wednesday ,today will be the 2 sens and and hopefully the bigger gold dust Golddust. (Lucifer is the only set in stone name) Hoping to move moke and probably geos on sunday or Monday. Giving a couple days in between moves to let the system catch up may have to wait longer or not at all don't know better safe then sorry.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So I know have moke, Lucifer, albino sen, sen ,albino heckli, simensis, polli, wasn't going to move the heckli yet but he just swam into the bag seemed real pleased with himself too. Pretty sure I heard him say "lets blow this popsicle stand!"
That's the good news.

The bad news. Lucifer is living up to his name he is going around and nipping every other poly ive put in, including the polli who he has grown up with! Fortunately its not really bad no marks and the albino put him in his place when he tried it on him. Unfortunately Lucifer now has a good size mark on his face and gill plate from the albino. Apparently the albino doesn't like bullies. Albino grabbed Lucifer by the face and swam halfway across the tank and let him go and sat there like waiting for a rebuttal, Lucifer split. Lucifer then tried to introduce himself to the moke but thought better when the moke whos twice his size didn't back down either. So I don't think the beating from the albino taught him anything hes still chasing the polli and sen. He may have to be rehomed before he hurts or is seriously hurt himself.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
So I know have moke, Lucifer, albino sen, sen ,albino heckli, simensis, polli, wasn't going to move the heckli yet but he just swam into the bag seemed real pleased with himself too. Pretty sure I heard him say "lets blow this popsicle stand!"
That's the good news.

The bad news. Lucifer is living up to his name he is going around and nipping every other poly ive put in, including the polli who he has grown up with! Fortunately its not really bad no marks and the albino put him in his place when he tried it on him. Unfortunately Lucifer now has a good size mark on his face and gill plate from the albino. Apparently the albino doesn't like bullies. Albino grabbed Lucifer by the face and swam halfway across the tank and let him go and sat there like waiting for a rebuttal, Lucifer split. Lucifer then tried to introduce himself to the moke but thought better when the moke whos twice his size didn't back down either. So I don't think the beating from the albino taught him anything hes still chasing the polli and sen. He may have to be rehomed before he hurts or is seriously hurt himself.
Im not good with names...even my own polys nut what is lucifer again ?

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I couldn't remember either, thanks Jaws. Need more coffee this morning. ;)

So this is new behavior? Is the plan to get everyone in the 180? If so that might help - LOTS more room vs. the 75. I would give that a chance first, personally.

I'm holding out on my Teug too, because she's only nipping the Polli and it's not all the time. And she's truly just nipping, not biting / holding on.

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store