Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
New tank thread.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
J jaws7777 you are correct on the plumbing there are two smaller feed lines for water changes and filling the tanks. I guess I need to be more awake when posting replies lol. I can put emmiters on them if I choose to for a drip but I have decided to scrap the drip. Water changes have been pretty easy with the way I've got it set up and usually dont need to do much vaccuming about once a month. Ive got a larger issue wrapping my brain around the fact of, if the power goes out how do you stop the sump from draining out the drip waste pipe? When the pump comes on its going to suck air or if the power goes out the sump will flood. I may be looking at it wrong but those are my issues with the drip system.

Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
J jaws7777 you are correct on the plumbing there are two smaller feed lines for water changes and filling the tanks. I guess I need to be more awake when posting replies lol. I can put emmiters on them if I choose to for a drip but I have decided to scrap the drip. Water changes have been pretty easy with the way I've got it set up and usually dont need to do much vaccuming about once a month. Ive got a larger issue wrapping my brain around the fact of, if the power goes out how do you stop the sump from draining out the drip waste pipe? When the pump comes on its going to suck air or if the power goes out the sump will flood. I may be looking at it wrong but those are my issues with the drip system.
Thx for the explanation man. Thats sounds like a well thought out sump. I bet life is allot easier doing water changes that way.

My understand of drips are rudimentary at best. When you figure it out fill me in lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store