750 Native tank up and running. Still alot of work to do.

Lucas&kim

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
Does anybody have advice on cycling a tank this size. I wanted to seed the dry media I have for the sump and add a few crawfish to help the cycle.

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Does anybody have advice on cycling a tank this size. I wanted to seed the dry media I have for the sump and add a few crawfish to help the cycle.
What are you planning to stock the tank with? Will the crawfish be food when stock is introduced?

Lucas&kim

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 7, 2016
What are you planning to stock the tank with? Will the crawfish be food when stock is introduced?
Stocking
Longear sunfish
Blacktail shiners
Grass pickerel
Logperch
If the crawfish are small enough they could be food.

Reactions: Matteus

johnnymax

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2019
Southeast, Texas
When I set up my last tank (75g)
I added some gravel taken from a very established aquarium and added it to the filter. I also added a LOT of starter microbes, then I put in a little fish food every day. I had everything running including wave makers and light on 24/7. I did put in nerite snails and glass shrimp as a clean up crew. The snails are still there (and they are huge now) but the shrimp got eaten....
Now keep in mind, my tank is only 10% of what you have (75g)
You have an awesome tank. One day maybe. You haves a dream tank!

Reactions: Lucas&kim
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store