8" Paratilapia Polleni Female ( Quick Vid)

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Predator07 Predator07

Looks female to me but IDK my right polleni from left.

Cool to run into you here too, Mr. AquaRob. Every time I hear of adult polleni now, I think of you :) And thank you for the YT subscription.

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
Looks female to me but IDK my right polleni from left.

Cool to run into you here too, Mr. AquaRob. Every time I hear of adult polleni, I think of you :) And thank you for the YT subscription.
No problem. Enjoy watch your channel ??..
We decided on keeping him/her and adding tankmates. Is there any you would recommend?

Last edited:

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
No problem. Enjoy watch your channel ??..
We decided on keeping him/her and adding tankmates. Is there any you would recommend?
I have only kept one pair for a year. Starting size 1.5". Couldn't keep them together, so they went into separate tanks. They are very aggressive to timid cichlids and to timid cyprinids I have also noted. But when I placed one of ours, the most aggressive one in the jerk tank, it did ok during the day but got killed over the first night. So it can dish it out but can't cope with the same aggression directed at it. That's all I can tell yah.

Predator07

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2018
Orlando,FL
I have only kept one pair for a year. Starting size 1.5". Couldn't keep them together, so they went into separate tanks. They are very aggressive to timid cichlids and to timid cyprinids I have also noted. But when I placed one of ours, the most aggressive one in the jerk tank, it did ok during the day but got killed over the first night. So it can dish it out but can't cope with the same aggression directed at it. That's all I can tell yah.
I appreciate your Insight. We're planning on add other central American cichlid with him/her but not sure what yet ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store