Mar 12, 2024
Price
Region
Midwest / Great Lakes
State
New York
Pickup or shipping
Shipping or Pickup
Hi, I'm new to this forum and joined as I'm looking for some help/direction.

I worked with a company in California several years ago to design and build this 16-foot-long, 750-gallon acrylic aquarium. It is made with 1.25-inch-thick acrylic walls, and measures 180 inches in length, 36 inches in width, and 30 inches in height. The tank is seamless and has an impressive view on all four sides without any supports in the middle of the panoramic view.

We built a premium wooden base which is outfitted with eight steel rolling casters. I need to move the tank out of my shop and am looking for a good home. It's a difficult item to sell (i.e. on-line Kijiji, FB Market place). This is a unique item and one for a very specific buyer.

Thought i would join this forum to seek out any advice or contacts that might be available. It's a real beauty - someone is going to enjoy it very much. Need to find that someone. Asking $7,000

Any help, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Front View.jpg

3:4.jpg

3:4 Long.jpg

Side View.jpg

Front Dims..JPG

Side Dims..JPG

blazin_dragon18

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
US, LA
coming from someone who's been in the business of designing and building super high-end custom aquariums, it's such a custom piece, not just the dimension, but the top overhanging lip, no consideration for plumbing and filtration, it's a super difficult sale unfortunately. If you really wanna sell it, you'd need to take a very painful loss on it in my experience. I have clients who wanted to sell their custom built tanks before. I'm talking about reducing it to less than 2k. Anyways, you wanted advice and I'm just giving it to you straight. Also, you might wanna separate the stand and tank, I think you'd get more money out of them that way. Best of luck and hope you can sell it for a lot more than what I suggested.

Fiat4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2017
Brother don't budge on your price.that tank is worth way more.maybe double that.theres many ways to filter that type of tank with out drilling it.just by using expensive clear piping. And a few internal pumps.very simple.the risk is moving suck a big glass tank.good luck

Acrylic Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2024
coming from someone who's been in the business of designing and building super high-end custom aquariums, it's such a custom piece, not just the dimension, but the top overhanging lip, no consideration for plumbing and filtration, it's a super difficult sale unfortunately. If you really wanna sell it, you'd need to take a very painful loss on it in my experience. I have clients who wanted to sell their custom built tanks before. I'm talking about reducing it to less than 2k. Anyways, you wanted advice and I'm just giving it to you straight. Also, you might wanna separate the stand and tank, I think you'd get more money out of them that way. Best of luck and hope you can sell it for a lot more than what I suggested.
Thank you for the advice, much appreciated. I understand your comments - thinking you're not wrong and your approach does make sense. Unfortunately, i'm running out time to sell it, i need to make space in my shop for a project. The universe is testing my persistence/tolerance....haha

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Acrylic Tank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2024
Brother don't budge on your price.that tank is worth way more.maybe double that.theres many ways to filter that type of tank with out drilling it.just by using expensive clear piping. And a few internal pumps.very simple.the risk is moving suck a big glass tank.good luck
Thanks for the support! My comments to you are basically the same as my response to Blazin Dragon - unfortunately, i'm pretty much out of time. I am willing to drop the price, but am also eying the value of the 1.25" thick acrylic, which i can use for other purposes. That said, cutting up the tank would a) break my heart and b) its a pain to fabricate material that thickness. What to do.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store