8x4 aquarium

fishmaster11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2015
???
Hey MFK! Question for yall.

If you guys were to setup an 8x4 aquarium. Would you guys do 2 outputs or 4 outputs. I am thinking of doing 4 outputs for a freshwater system. The reason behind this is to run one return pump to 2 outputs. And then the other 2 on another output. This would be for redundancy. In case one return pump were to break. There would be another one that would still run. Let me know your thoughts!

fishmaster11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2015
???
Hey MFK! Question for yall.

If you guys were to setup an 8x4 aquarium. Would you guys do 2 outputs or 4 outputs. I am thinking of doing 4 outputs for a freshwater system. The reason behind this is to run one return pump to 2 outputs. And then the other 2 on another output. This would be for redundancy. In case one return pump were to break. There would be another one that would still run. Let me know your thoughts!
Anyone?

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I would go with the extra pump and returns. Redundancy is always good.

epond83

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2009
Duvall, WA
I think it all depends on you filtration set up. What GPM are you going for on your pump? Is everything going to a single sump or will you have multiple filtration devices?

Reactions: Matteus

fishmaster11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2015
???
I think it all depends on you filtration set up. What GPM are you going for on your pump? Is everything going to a single sump or will you have multiple filtration devices?
I'm thinking of doing 2 sumps. But there will be a 120 gallon sump at the bottom of the tank. And then there will be an above sump.

I'm also thinking of doing 2 outputs instead of 4 now. Then one pump on each outlet.

RemainVayne

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2017
I have a 360g with 4 returns on it and 2 jebao pumps. 1 pump to two returns per side.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store