9" Oranda Goldfish

Heidi Wolpert

Feeder Fish
Jun 15, 2017
:(Please help! My beloved Oranda developed
inside the edge of his mouth some tiny, white, round specks almost looking like little white teeth.
I assumed it to be cottonmouth disease and started treating him the last 3 days with Melafix. Unfortunately, I don't see any improvement yet. I would be heartbroken if I would loose him. Your response would be very appreciated. Thank you very much, Heidi W.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
First thing I would do is a 50% water change. What size tank, water temp and tank mates? Let try to save this Oranda.

Heidi Wolpert

Feeder Fish
Jun 15, 2017
Thank you for your response. I have a 50 g Aquarium, Water around 74-78 F. I have 3 Oranda Goldfish, 11", 9" and 8". Their food is frozen Krill, Repashi Soilent Green, one a week
some precooked frozen peas, peeled, or Hikari
presoked pellets for fancy goldfish. I always change the water weekly up to 40-50%. Test results perfect.

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Thank you for your response. I have a 50 g Aquarium, Water around 74-78 F. I have 3 Oranda Goldfish, 11", 9" and 8". Their food is frozen Krill, Repashi Soilent Green, one a week
some precooked frozen peas, peeled, or Hikari
presoked pellets for fancy goldfish. I always change the water weekly up to 40-50%. Test results perfect.
Sounds like you are providing a suitable environment. I would just monitor the infection and increase water changes.

Heidi Wolpert

Feeder Fish
Jun 15, 2017
Sounds like you are providing a suitable environment. I would just monitor the infection and increase water changes.
How does cottonmouth disease in Goldfish look like?
I started Melafix 3 days ago and have to continue
4 more days with Melafix before a 50% water change.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store