Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
This true ? Sounds interesting
Well it's Chinese mythology + concept of Feng Shui, but of course I'm not sure if it's really true -- I have all 3 (even if my Dat is a NTT not an ST) -- but the Dat & Flagtail are not in a tank with either of my Aros (though someday they may have to go), My luck has been pretty crappy this year so far overall, maybe I should put them together lol.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Well it's Chinese mythology + concept of Feng Shui, but of course I'm not sure if it's really true -- I have all 3 (even if my Dat is a NTT not an ST) -- but the Dat & Flagtail are not in a tank with either of my Aros (though someday they may have to go), My luck has been pretty crappy this year so far overall, maybe I should put them together lol.
So its 9 fish in one tank not total.... no matter the species ? Mythology is interesting to me. Different culture have soo many beliefs

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
So its 9 fish in one tank not total.... no matter the species ? Mythology is interesting to me. Different culture have soo many beliefs
Nope, has to be 9 Dragonfish in one tank for supreme luck, I don't think 9 goldfish will do the trick :) 9 Asian Arowana would probably trump a single Dragon Fish, Phoenix and Tiger combo, but who knows lol.

In relevance to their every day life and thinking I'd say Chinese mythology plays a larger role than in most other societies, they're pretty serious in their beliefs esp. when it comes to bringing good fortune. I don't know if you saw it in the Aro thread so I'll repost it for your entertainment (if you can handle the Oscar-deserving acting lol), hope OP doesn't mind, it'll give you a sense of how they think on the subject. The video is from World of Dragons Museum's FB page; my Goldenhead came from their Malaysian farm.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Nope, has to be 9 Dragonfish in one tank for supreme luck, I don't think 9 goldfish will do the trick :) 9 Asian Arowana would probably trump a single Dragon Fish, Phoenix and Tiger combo, but who knows lol.

In relevance to their every day life and thinking I'd say Chinese mythology plays a larger role than in most other societies, they're pretty serious in their beliefs esp. when it comes to bringing good fortune. I don't know if you saw it in the Aro thread so I'll repost it for your entertainment (if you can handle the Oscar-deserving acting lol), hope OP doesn't mind, it'll give you a sense of how they think on the subject. The video is from World of Dragons Museum's FB page; my Goldenhead came from their Malaysian farm.

Oh little dragon girl you silly

• Haha
Reactions: islandguy11

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014

Now thats a cool vid. Especially liked the hatchery. I wish my wife was as enthusiastic as that woman

stratos

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
All nine are sold now; I have another 35 Asian arowana coming in a week, followed by another 12 Blood Red Dragons shortly thereafter. I have a 550 gallon tank to pick up in a few months, may actually get around to keep 9 out of my next batch of 9 Blood Red Dragons.

Here is a video of the last Red Dragon that sold out of my last group of 9:

You will notice the fish has a bent/broken barbel. It jumped around one night, not sure exactly how it broke the barbel. After showing the video and chatting with aro farm owners they are pretty sure that the barbel will heal and/or grow back. There are times when surgery is required if you want to make sure it grows back correctly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store