A brand new 550 in a brand new house- a build thread

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
This is the reason the deck of the Tank Plank™ was designed to be 8.25" high. It clears the threshold!

View attachment 1376770

With the bottom of the Tank Plank™ clearing the threshold, I jacked up the front of the tank so we could roll it over the lip

View attachment 1376771

Once the wheels were in the house, I jacked up the back of the tank and rolled it forward until the back wheels were over the lip. This is why the wheels were placed 21" back from the edge, so the jack would have an overhang upon which it could lift.

View attachment 1376772

Lining up to go to the family room. This room is sunken 8".

View attachment 1376773

The entry to the family room is 40", and the tank and Tank Plank™ are 38.5". We lined it up carefully.

View attachment 1376774

The front of the tank jacked up, with the entire thing rolled in until the back wheels are ready to come down.

View attachment 1376775

Lowering the front down. We had to drop it onto a cinder block then jack it from the side because the angle was too steep, and I couldn't get the Tank Plank™ off of the jack when I had it from the front.

View attachment 1376776

Getting the jack positioned to allow the back wheels to come down into the family room in a controlled manner. This one was tough because the jack couldn't be positioned quite right to slide directly backwards.

View attachment 1376777

The tank positioned roughly where it will be when finished, with my young fish nerd apprentice :)

View attachment 1376779

There will of course be many updates in the future! Hopefully at some point in the next two weeks I'll have it on the stand :)
Nice kiddy pool! Never seen 'em clear and square like that, lol.

So...where are the fish goin'?

Last edited:

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
What happened amigo? :hypnotize

:worthlesswithoutpic:
Not a thing lol. The build is going so slow that I think the house isn't so much being built, but rather being grown like a tree. At this point, I expect I might have my house complete at some point in the mid to late 2020s. I've been a month away from having the house finished for five months. The original completion date was April 15th.

I am SO over this nonsense its not even funny. I'm so frustrated and angry with this process. Building this house was a grievous mistake. Well, not building the house, but my choice in contractors rather.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Not a thing lol. The build is going so slow that I think the house isn't so much being built, but rather being grown like a tree. At this point, I expect I might have my house complete at some point in the mid to late 2020s. I've been a month away from having the house finished for five months. The original completion date was April 15th.

I am SO over this nonsense its not even funny. I'm so frustrated and angry with this process. Building this house was a grievous mistake. Well, not building the house, but my choice in contractors rather.
Well you can hire my and my people to get it finished ? then again you’d have to fly us out and lodging, pretty sure I’ll ask you to cover meals too not sure if even makes sense after that but at least the job will get done! Lol grab a hammer and finish it yourself

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh

I’m sorry to hear about all the nonsense.

I work in construction and I get it. So many people don’t give an ish about getting things done. One guy slacking d lays every one else. If the project manager or superintendent isn’t a good leader it can take forever for nothing to get done. It frustrates me to no end. We are typically one of the final people on sites so everyone else’s bs compiles on us and our deadlines don’t change. ?

Reactions: islandguy11

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Congrats on the new house (almost) and the new monstertank.

Hope to see pix of the tank filled soon.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Call me when you fire up the BBQ for the fishtanks housewarming party :p

• Haha
Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com