A couple tanks stand I made out of old barn wood

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
I made a 75 gallon and 55 gallon stand back about 13 years ago. The wood was literally from and old barn that was falling apart and was about 100 years old. You can see the weathering on the wood, that was caused from rain. Over the years the rain literally caved channels in the wood. I had to sand off many layers of old paint and horse shizz, literally many boards had 50 plus year old horse shizz caked into on it. Not as gross as it sounds as over time it basically was basically dried and petrified.

I forgot I had the pictures until just now and thought I would share these. The total cost to do these were minimal as all I had to do was buy polyurethane and my father in-law had all the tools and helped. I refinished the 75 in black paint and will share if anyone is interested.

These pictures brought up some nostalgia for me as this was my first house years ago at a time when I made the stands because I couldn't afford to buy them. And my father in-law passed and it was the only project we did together.[/URL]

']
[/URL]'][/URL]
This is the 55 converted to a table like furniture, you can still see some of the old paint coming through the finish I think it adds character. I liked the imperfections.

Last edited:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very nicely done!....glad you came across the photos.

Reactions: Wiggie

Wiggie

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Hey I love that look and that you shared that. Id like to make my own stand for my next tank which will be a 75g. Please share that photo if you will...

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
Hey I love that look and that you shared that. Id like to make my own stand for my next tank which will be a 75g. Please share that photo if you will...
The tank with the Midas/Devil is the 75. The one with the pictures on it is the 55.

This is the same stand that I painted black with a black tank in my office at my new house.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store