a group of payara need help :(

123supa789

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2015
Vietnam
Hi guys! This is my problem.. My payara is about 13 14 inches long and it start to fight each other are there any way to reduce this??? And those payara are take food regularly anymore (used to eat 1/day but now 1/week) is it because those payara are adult itt not need too much feeding?? The eating one is the main thing i'm worrying about

20161123_204741.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Probably need a larger tank with that many armatus. How big is the tank? Plus some dithers will help.

Lack of eating maybe cause of the stress. Just make sure diet is varied. That one poly looks to be a upper jaw and may eventually get snacked on by ur armatus.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Probably need a larger tank with that many armatus. How big is the tank? Plus some dithers will help.

Lack of eating maybe cause of the stress. Just make sure diet is varied. That one poly looks to be a upper jaw and may eventually get snacked on by ur armatus.
+1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Agreed.

123supa789

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2015
Vietnam
My tank is 6×2 ft because my house space so this is the largest one i can get maybe watching them for a while and if the start to find more selling them is the only solution!! Thanks all you guys ^^

KodRoute

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
My tank is 6×2 ft because my house space so this is the largest one i can get maybe watching them for a while and if the start to find more selling them is the only solution!! Thanks all you guys ^^
For the size of these payaras and the fact that there are three of them I would say the tank is kind of small. If you see they're starting to get crazier fighting each other then you do need to take precautions. Selling them is one option if you no longer want to keep them. If you've got a decent, good-sized pond you could transport them there and see if they stop that behaviour. By the way I think the species in the cynodontidae family get pretty claustrophobic when they are kept in small tanks.

Last edited:

123supa789

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2015
Vietnam
For the size of these payaras and the fact that there are three of them I would say the tank is kind of small. If you see they're starting to get crazier fighting each other then you do need to take precautions. Selling them is one option if you no longer want to keep them. If you've got a decent, good-sized pond you could transport them there and see if they stop that behaviour. By the way I think the species in the cynodontidae family get pretty claustrophobic when they are kept in small tanks.
Thanks for your advice bro!! I think i cant afford a bigger tank maybe selling them is the only option but can this tank able to keep only 1 of them for the whole lifespan ?? Cuz i really love these armatus.

Reactions: KodRoute
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store