A nice alternative to Angels

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
Well my big male angel has bullied his two bros to death and has bullied all my home grown guppies to death so I've decoded when it dies or gets too aggresive thats it for angels (just like that time with the SFF).

My mum wants a load of guppies.... byt i want something slightly alteranate to the common guppy... I'd get out my 3 gal if I wanted more, I suggested Rams but she said they are "allright" you see.... it isn't all my choice on fish :( even though its my tank.

So can I have suggestions that fall in to these catagories (not all of them :D)

Small-ish as in 6inch max
Pretty (she likes pretty and pink)
easy to look after
not very aggresive

:D:cool-1:

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
Kisser Fish :) 6" Pink and kisses at everything :) Not real pretty in my opinion though LOL

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
I heard they kill everything and grow up to a foot:p
EDIT: how do fire eels do?

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
got neons and loaches but I'm trying to stay away for livebearers you see if you get 2 you end up with 20. And i dont like just having males or just female because in my experience they just bug eachother. Thanks for your suggestion though.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Don't know if they are your thing, but Pearl Gouramies tick all your boxes and are magnificent when they get big - especially the males when all the fin extensions grow out - be yoot i full fissshh.

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
sounds cool and my lfs has em a good possibility

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Heres some pics, the pearl lace variety is the one to go for...male has all the extensions and at 4-5" they look absolutely gorgeous!

pearl lace gourami.jpg

Pearl Gourami.jpg

EvilMonkey666

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2005
CT
:D Definantly go with the pearl gourami. I have one in my tank and I can honestly say, he is the most stunning!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store