A nice alternative to Angels

cockroach

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2005
Taiwan
i had a tank when i was younger, 2 lace gouramis, 2 snakeskin gouramis, 2 sunset gouramis and two golden gouramis. with hardy plants and peppered corys. all looked and worked well together.

cburkhart78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2005
Texas oilfield
Since everyone is saying gourami I will add that the paradise fish is attractive.Also there are a lot of barbs that would fit, danios, or even kuhli loaches.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Giant Danios? Might be a bit TOO big! And fast too....

giantdanio3.jpg

giantdanio1.jpg

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
Hmmm nice, No on answered my fire eel question.
I've done a bit of mixing and because of the losses in my hex I'm gonna put all my larger fish in my 10 into the hex and turn the 10 to a guppy tank... ecen wit that the hex is gonna be pretty empty.
So fire eel? :D

JuanTamad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, Fl
Your experience with Angels is atypical. I've bred and kept Angels for over 5 years now and saw such agression only a few times. When it happens, and they do happen sometimes with long established pairs, I separate them right away or put dividers between the antagonists.

In a community tank, Angels live at peace with each other in groups of 4 or more. Even my wild Altums, Scalare, or Dumerellis, do not attack each other in the manner of your bully Angel. ;)

Muillinaust

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2006
GSO, NC
Fire eels get big and can be a little tricky to care for. Gouramis are a great idea, Opaline/Gold Gouramis, Dwarf Gouramis, Pearls, and Snakeskins all have great color and as long as you keep more females than males you will not see much aggression.

concord

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
England
Forgetting fire eels then, hmmmm I'll have some thinking to do then:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store