A. rivulatus challenge

Aundinoacara rivulatus size-- how big are your male rivulatus?

• 9"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • 10"

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 11"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 12" --Prove it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more than 12" --Prove it

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • less than 9"

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

neutrino

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2013
Mid-Atlantic, US
My terror is around 1 1/2 yrs old and is a solid 8". I'm curious how much growth he has left in him.
1.5 since you got him (If so what size was he) or 1.5 years from fry? The answer depends on that and other factors. Either way, likely not a lot more length. Depends not only on true age but how fast he grew as far as how much length is left to put on. Possibly another inch, possibly a bit more, but not necessarily-- probably sounds vague, but besides true age, too many variables to be definitive imo.

After he matures and stops or slows gaining length, he should gradually get chunkier, without heavy feeding or overfeeding. (Feeding to maximize girth isn't really the best for life-span.)

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
My terror is around 1 1/2 yrs old and is a solid 8". I'm curious how much growth he has left in him.
I think he’ll grow for a bit yet. Mine hit 8” when I had him for a year. He was 2” when I got him. And he is around 10 1/2” right now and come March I’ll have had him for 2yrs. His growth this year has slowed way down, but he did grow some.

Like neutrino neutrino said, there are a lot of variables. No way to know how big he’ll get for sure, but I’d bet he isn’t done growing yet.

Reactions: Spence

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
I think he’ll grow for a bit yet. Mine hit 8” when I had him for a year. He was 2” when I got him. And he is around 10 1/2” right now and come March I’ll have had him for 2yrs. His growth this year has slowed way down, but he did grow some.

Like neutrino neutrino said, there are a lot of variables. No way to know how big he’ll get for sure, but I’d bet he isn’t done growing yet.[/QUOTE
He was about 2” when I got him and that was less than a year and a half ago. So most likely he’s between a year and a half and two years old. I realize no one could say for sure how much more he will grow, and the question was more or less rhetorical. I just wanted to say that for clarification on the poll. I’m hoping he gets at least another inch or so of growth.

Reactions: MrsE88

DarylMac

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Okay. THat's it. I'm fed up!!!

My female GT, Leia, killed her mate, Bruce (my thumbnail pic) about a year ago... I was so despondent I stopped posting here for quite sometime...

The last 6 months I have been looking for a 7" plus male GT because Leia is now at least 6.6" (and THICK)... She is bad ***.... Anyhow, large GT's are hard to find, so I have basically given up.

However, I have her in my 135g aquarium with my sons two turtles. The turtles are both male so they have to be divided. I cut holes in the dividers so all the fish could get through, but not the turtles.

Turns out Leia is now too thick to fit through the divider - so it's possible I could get a smaller male who would be able to escape her wrath...

THat's my new mission, and I have chosen to accept it. Starting tomorrow I will begin looking for the best male GT I can find - even if he's barely at sexable size.

And it's all because of you guys, with your photos of awesome GT's.

One of these days I will post a photo of Leia. She is awesome. She was the plainest of the 6 GT's I originally bought in January 2017 - but she was always the most aggresive... Now she is stunning (but still a stone cold killer).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store