A. Rivulatus "White Saum"

Athletic_Amph

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2016
Branford, CT
one of my local LFS' just received a huge shipment of A. Rivulatus' this past weekend. Whenever these guys arrive on their stock list, I call every store to see if any received a "White Saum". It's always a no :( but this weekend the gf and I were in need of some water conditioner for water changes so we went to the LFS anyways... she spotted this beauty from across the room, and pointed out the distinct purple on her(?) dorsal and anal fin.

I've never seen a healthy A. Rivulatus "White Saum" in person before, so I am not too sure... but has anyone else experience this purple lining on the "White Saum" variants? I know it can be seen in the standard Gold Saums

Either way, I'm super pumped to finally have one of these beauties :D

IMG_4175.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4197.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I don't know if I'm just weird/color blind, but that purple looks just a bit orange to me. Especially in the 1st, 4th, and 5th pic of the female.

Reactions: Frank Castle

Montelboom

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Maryland
I don't either. A closer pic or even an out of water pic could help. Still a nice fish though tbh.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Frank,your rivulatus is coming on, should grow up to be a stunner.
ya, I think he looks great too......keeps the male Motaguensis in check too.....which is a HUGE surprise kinda, but them big male GTs get dominant and they don't back down from anything. Thanks, I hope he becomes "Show-quality"

Athletic_Amph

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2016
Branford, CT
thanks guys, the pictures don't do it justice but it's super white in person... I will try and get a better pic after work tonight, but the camera on my 5s blows! lol

heres my male - pix in the cave aare recent, the open-water pix are a few months old
Frank, your male looks awesome. How big is he and how long have you had him?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store