About those fuel prices…

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
It’s pretty obvious at this point that the two of you are set in your political position.
I don’t really see where either one of you will concede.
It’s kind of a mirror of what is going on in the country as a whole.

I agree with Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 . Shouldn’t be to long now.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
It’s pretty obvious at this point that the two of you are set in your political position.
I don’t really see where either one of you will concede.

I agree with Ogertron3000 Ogertron3000 . Shouldn’t be to long now.
Hello; Too bad you see my stance as being based in politics. Such has worked out lately that it appears my opinions have that sort of tint. Thing is for me i find myself at odds with both sides of the political spectrum at times. More at odds with one side of late but it has gone the other way. I am not a true believer for either side.
Things have to make sense to get my support. When things do not make sense I take a stance against regardless of the politics. I am now fortunate to live in a state where i do not have to pick a party affiliation as i did before. I can vote in either primary as i see fit and have switched before.
But I get it. In todays world I cannot be at all critical of a dumb idea without being pigeonholed immediately.

As far as it goes I am against this premature push to "green" energy with EV's while prematurely tearing down a working fossil fuel energy/transportation system on which our very lives depend. Would not matter to me which side is doing the dumb move.

Reactions: Wideglide04

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
We should start a betting pool to see how much longer this thread goes on before the mods shut it down.
I reckon you have 36 hours left.
I think young hendre must be busy studying or something, he's usually quick off the mark when the tooing and froing of political debate begins, especially when it starts going pointlessly on and on and on and......zzzzzzzzzz.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
But I get it. In todays world I cannot be at all critical of a dumb idea without being pigeonholed immediately
I’m not pigeonholing anyone.
These issues of gas and environment, inflation the war. All these things are political by their very nature.
I do not assume to know your stance on every issue.
Likewise my opinions are fluid and change with current information also.
It’s the debate itself that kinda forces one to (pick a side) so to speak.

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Not just your country either, lol.

I realised some time ago that politics should be renamed to bollocktics, far more apt. Though that sounds like some kind of genital infestation, lol.

Reactions: deeda and BIG-G

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Not just your country either, lol.

I realised some time ago that politics should be renamed to bollocktics, far more apt. Though that sounds like some kind of genital infestation, lol.
Bedbugs on your bollocks?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I can’t believe people give the troll a platform by arguing with him.

If someone came to my website with that name, and argued with people rudely, and insulted them, I would have dismissed him in a week.

In fact exactly that thing has happened, and I’ve had to dismiss the same (renamed) people over and over, because they have decided that their mission in life is to cause trouble for someone else.

It’s so easy to cause trouble when you have to just push buttons. But it’s very clear what’s really going on here and what really needs to happen.

Hendree should be out of school-season by now.

We don’t get such news here, but the U of SA seems to be in serious turmoil right now. They might be suffering things like power outages and Internet outages.

pacu mom

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
northern CA
I think young hendre must be busy studying or something, he's usually quick off the mark when the tooing and froing of political debate begins, especially when it starts going pointlessly on and on and on and......zzzzzzzzzz.
Too bad this thread has degenerated into a debate between two members. I'm sure that was not the OP's intention when he created the thread. In an attempt to get the thread back on track, here's the current gas prices in my area. Sad thing is that 26 miles away across the Oregon border, gas is much cheaper. There are definitely some benefits to living in Oregon - cheaper gas and no sales tax, and yes, if we are passing through Oregon, we fill up the tank before going home. There are people who make the over 50 mile round trip to buy gas in Oregon.

My town / Oregon
Regular $6.79/ $5.78
Midgrade $6.99/ $5.93
Premium $7.19/ $6.08
Diesel $7.69/ $6.79

Reactions: deeda

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
One thing that occured to me some time ago, and I do believe someone alluded to it in an earlier post, or maybe in a different thread, I can't recall now, is the decision by many global nations to fast forward the electric car programme to drastically reduce future emissions and the dependence on oils, which is fair enough, and expected.

If I was a mass oil producer now and someone said that my business would be in complete turmoil in a couple of decades time because the global demand for petrol and diesel would plummet, then I'd be extremely worried. Maybe even go as far as upsetting the apple cart somewhat!

If you throw the political slant into the mix you could be looking at a severe global upset of sorts as the deadline "cut off" year approaches, maybe we've seen absolutely nothing yet.

Even though it's early days yet regarding the transition period over to complete electric, I wonder how much of the uncertainty now, is indeed down to these huge companies/governments who benefit immensely from their current situation regarding fossil fuel.

Politics, as we know, can be an extremely nasty business.

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
The 15 second clip that doesn't even show the question that she asked? Case closed ?

You say that Biden plans to end the oil industry, that there are numerous examples of him saying just that and that because Biden plans to end the oil industry gas prices are high.

I say that Biden has no such policy or plan, that the examples that you have provided are out of context, his actual policies (like executive orders) don't reflect this... and that he does not have the authority anyway. And fact checkers agree with this assessment.

I also do not agree that, even if Biden had the authority to end the oil industry- now or in 2035- (which he doesn't) that this isn't what business experts tell us is causing inflation.

Sorry bud, we're just going to have to disagree.

Hello; fascinating that you went to all that trouble to spin the truth . You did not address the other video in which he was more direct. The one where he speaks directly to a young woman. In a way i hope you continue with this approach. It is a waste of time since as i have already stated these videos have been shown many times on some news and talk show TV programs. TV shows with the highest ratings meaning very many millions have seen them.

It is interesting that you somehow feel you can double talk this out of existence. I get there are true believers around who will swallow any of the hype. However there are plenty of us who can see thru most of it. Especially when a top person in a movement makes a public statement. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store