About those fuel prices…

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Reality is also that this is a GLOBAL issue and oil and gas prices are based on GLOBAL MARKETS. So assigning blame to any country's particular political leadership is nonsense. As is the idea that recent, past decisions to build or not build pipelines to export more oil... or to open more drilling now or in the recent past would somehow affect supply in the global market enough to affect things significantly.

So what can governments do to lower prices? Ease taxes on gas (you know the ones that pay for our road repairs), increase supply from the petroleum reserve and pressure oil producers like OPEC and Venezuela to increase production.
Very well said.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Then the people watched MSNBC and realized all is well and that the man in charge (and his advisers) are very brave and smart.
So all was well in LaLa land.
And the owner of the WP laughed as his minions complained of monopoly’s and corporate greed.
As now the man in charge could not be blamed.
Yes, he could see all is well in LaLa land….

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Whelp!.....gas is five bucks a gallon here.

• Sad
Reactions: deeda

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
This is a global problem because the richest men in the richest countries made it so. It is their handle on power.

Watch them become media heroes as they “solve” it and blame “others” for everything.

Watch them continue to make all expansion and progress more difficult and expensive so they can keep people jammed together in helpless chaotic situations.

Watch their flacks continue to explain away these crimes as “just the facts of a global marketplace”.

How you control a population is to keep them in a catch-22 situation. It looks like the way out is here or there, but each way is a trap. They turn constantly, and nobody goes forward.

Here’s the thing that amazes me. Everybody’s focused on them selves and their problems and their orientations in their pronouns and nobody gives a fook about the wars.

They are all worried about showing off for some fancy pride month and nobody’s protesting the killing.

Because our leaders have decided to solve their problems with crimes and violence and war, they can continue to expect to see their citizens follow in exactly the same paths.

Crime and violence and war.

Stanv03

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
ATL, Georgia
I got my first car at the age of 18 which was my dream car. 2020 Mustang premium GT. This was April 29 of this year. Turned 19 may 3rd, so it’s about to be 2 months of owning it and this v8 likes to eat up gas like a freaking pig!. I pay like around 65 every 3 days or so. But you know the saying, you gotta pay to play!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It went up to five bucks here two years ago.
That's insane....and to think we are practically sitting on millions of gallons of oil right here beneath us and all manner of excuses are made as to why we don't have access to it!

Reactions: Wideglide04

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I got my first car at the age of 18 which was my dream car. 2020 Mustang premium GT. This was April 29 of this year. Turned 19 may 3rd, so it’s about to be 2 months of owning it and this v8 likes to eat up gas like a freaking pig!. I pay like around 65 every 3 days or so. But you know the saying, you gotta pay to play!
Someone at work commented that we have to do overtime just to cover gas for our cars

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Be Careful!
Chances are 50% that a young guy with a new fast car wads it up in the first six months , and ends up driving a used Prius. If he survives to drive again.

That’s why you’re paying so much for insurance. The insurance companies have known this forever.

I didn’t understand this when I was 18 either.

Reactions: CrazyPhishMan

Stanv03

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2022
ATL, Georgia
Be Careful!
Chances are 50% that a young guy with a new fast car wads it up in the first six months , and ends up driving a used Prius. If he survives to drive again.

That’s why you’re paying so much for insurance. The insurance companies have known this forever.

I didn’t understand this when I was 18 either.
I love the car for it’s looks, I want to customize cosmetics wise. I don’t like to speed and put others in danger, so yea I try to be as safe as I can, it is a fun car to drive though ! And yea insurance is 150 and the car note is 600 with 0 down payment and 4.0 apr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store