Acrylic VS. Plywood Post your Tanks

Chago09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2006
Ontario
ambushradio;1019702; said:
Aren't all big tank start as a fantasy. don't you have to go after your fantasy to make them true. so if you are downing me or anyone else please dont, and save you worth least post for somewhere else. Thank you
don't mind people like that guy.... he is just jelious his 30 gallon sucks

john C

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
ohio
ya keep on thinking this through and when it happens it happens. i am working on a fish room right now. i thought about plywood but i am going with acrylic. going to put a sump in basement before tanks. so this is setting me back $$$ thought i would be done by now. it will happen, just not on my time good luck

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Chago09;1019803; said:
don't mind people like that guy.... he is just jelious his 30 gallon sucks
Woah, buddy... I just finished doing a DIY 200 thanks... I know what's involved in building a tanks, and I'm sick of threads like "I'm building a 8x8x8 foot tank next week, what should I build it out of?"

If you're actually going to build this tank, more power to you buddy, but you have a LOT more research to do if your first question is "what should I make this out of?" Do some reading and you'll find the answers. Most people who are actually serious enough to carry through have already done this level of research and have questions of a slightly less vague nature.

Sorry if I'm wrong, I'm not trying to put you down personally, but this DOES smell a lot like a lot of other threads by 12 year old kids planning to build a monster tank with 5 sheets of plywood and some hot glue. That's all.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Since you asked for pics... here is my almost finished 200. You can make a nice tank with wood if you're willing to put in the time. Something as large as you're talking, I'd probably go concrete.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store