Actress Taken By FBI Agents in Early Morning Raid:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
FOX NEWS
Felicity Huffman,an actress ensnared in an alleged college admissions cheating scandal was reportedly greeted by gun brandishing federal agents Tuesday morning at her Los Angeles home.
Huffman,best known for her role in ABC's "Desperate Housewives" was implicated in the massive college admissions cheating scandal along with other wealthy and famous parents who paid millions to have their children placed in elite universities.
Huffman,wife of actor William H. Macy is among fifty parents who have been ensnared in the scandal allegedly funneled money to a California man pinpointed as the scheme's "ringleader".The money was allegedly used to bribe athletic coaches or for help cheating on entrance exams so their children could be admitted into prestigious schools including Georgetown,Stanford and University of California.
Another celebrity named on the list was actress Laurie Loughlin,known for her role as Aunt Becky on the sitcom "Full House".Loughlin and her husband both face charges of allegedly giving $500,000 to have their two daughters' athletic records falsified.
Loughlin was expected to surrender today and her husband was released on a one million dollar bond and had his travel restricted to the continental United States.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
FOX NEWS
Felicity Huffman,an actress ensnared in an alleged college admissions cheating scandal was reportedly greeted by gun brandishing federal agents Tuesday morning at her Los Angeles home.
Huffman,best known for her role in ABC's "Desperate Housewives" was implicated in the massive college admissions cheating scandal along with other wealthy and famous parents who paid millions to have their children placed in elite universities.
Huffman,wife of actor William H. Macy is among fifty parents who have been ensnared in the scandal allegedly funneled money to a California man pinpointed as the scheme's "ringleader".The money was allegedly used to bribe athletic coaches or for help cheating on entrance exams so their children could be admitted into prestigious schools including Georgetown,Stanford and University of California.
Another celebrity named on the list was actress Laurie Loughlin,known for her role as Aunt Becky on the sitcom "Full House".Loughlin and her husband both face charges of allegedly giving $500,000 to have their two daughters' athletic records falsified.
Loughlin was expected to surrender today and her husband was released on a one million dollar bond and had his travel restricted to the continental United States.

Yes seen that this morning the rich buying child's fake top University degree. This probably has been going on for years even before this. What irratated me is one of the daughters on her youtube channel is bragging about she doesn't care about school. My daughter is working a job and earning her degree the honest way.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Saw this too. Doesnt this fly against what all these hollywood types preach ? Equality and condemnation of the wealthy? Mhhhhh. Waiting to hear all of the hypocrites in cali come out and condemn this, might grow old and die in the process.

I read theres something like 30 other people who did the same but haven't been named yet. So 32 spots in a top college taken from non elitist kids.

My oldest 2 (6 and 8) want something they pay for it, with in reason. My son is lazy doesnt do his chores and doesnt have a quarter of the money his younger sister has. Between her allowance and her b day money (november) she still has close to 200 stashed away. She just purchased some slime toys and a pocket book this weekend. She wants a new lunch bag, the one she has is fine. Guess what she's buying the new one lol

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; At least two things come to mind. First to me is the erosion of standards for these top tier schools. By that I mean these "pre -paid" for students may not have had the skills to get in on their own compared to the many other students who applied. I am going to assume there are a limited number of slots available. If so then these "pre-paid" students took slots away from better qualified students.

Another thing is a question of the actual performance of these students while attending these schools. My guess is there will be some "privacy" laws and rules which will keep such information secret. This next is just a guess on my part, but it seems logical that if the parents were willing to drop a load of $$$$'s to get them in then perhaps were willing to spend more to get the desired results.

I guess I could go on a rant about the erosion of grade standards at the college level in general the last few decades. That may a bit out of the scope of this thread just now.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Theres quite a few college campuses on that coast that look like war zones every few months. Hollywood can keep it

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
WIliam H Macy was not charged.

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Been hearing a lot about it yesterday & today. I think it's completely wrong ethically and morally, but raiding house with guns drawn and talking federal charges and prison sentences IMO seems a bit over the top for something like thia. Again it's wrong to pay for your kid to get into a top school when it could take away the spot for a hard working kid, but this is something that has been going on for many years on both sides. Rich paying for kids to get in, and schools giving "gifts" to top high school sports stars to come to their college.

There should definitely be some heavy fines and some very serious community service or something that these people have to do to benifit students or people in need, but I think the federal charges and talk of prison is a bit heavy handed IMO. Although I did hear that some of them wrote off the bribes on their taxes as charitable contributions. That there is tax evasion so that one may get the ones whom did that in bigger trouble with the IRS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store