Adding to breeding program (pic)

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Grand Sumo and Chingmix would be some of those foods. Noticed no difference in feeding Chingmix than Hikari.
positive? i just spent $100 on chingmix and grand sumo...great...can i them the one pack? dont really wanna waste it?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
2005-2009 when i used to breed flowerhorns pretty heavily i noticed that a mixture of the 3 diff hikari's gold/staple/and red would give off just as great colors and growth as the flowerhorn foods, and less pricey and no shipping. i noticed in your threads you have been heavily searching males out, which is a good start and i dont know how much the breeding game has changed genetic wise since ive been out of it, but imo a fertile grade a female is gonna be 1000% more important to any breeding program. i would actively search out females first before thinking about males. 99% percent of my nicer fish were from the nicer females. if your able to find a pearl'd out koky female than your male selection is pretty much up to you. the only time i ever went out and bought a whole bunch of males was when i already had a good breeding population of females and i just wanted fresh blood in the genes. i find its much harder to have males and try to find females for them, an un breed female has a good chance of killing your 1000$ males because they get pretty fiesty before breeding. its good to have a female have a couple of practice lays first with a fish u arnt heavily invested into. i wish you good luck in your breeding program, but i think buying a whole bunch of males is the wrong way to go about it. they are gonna age, you might lose some before you find a female with good genes, who is open to breeding.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store