May 3, 2011
northern va
Wow I'm taken back simply awesome

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
You guessed correctly. The giant pipes are just a sleeve through which the actual plumbing will run from the tank to the equipment room in the basement. Those pipes are 8 inch pvc but I am using 3 inch plumbing for the actual system. There are also 3/4 inch supply and drainage lines as I will have about 300 gallons of filtered city water entering the tank and the same amount draining every day out so I never have to change ththe water.

The plan is to get the plumbing completed the first week of January. We will take progress photos and post them as they happen.
Awesome work, keep it up and the updates coming!

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
You guessed correctly. The giant pipes are just a sleeve through which the actual plumbing will run from the tank to the equipment room in the basement. Those pipes are 8 inch pvc but I am using 3 inch plumbing for the actual system. There are also 3/4 inch supply and drainage lines as I will have about 300 gallons of filtered city water entering the tank and the same amount draining every day out so I never have to change ththe water.

The plan is to get the plumbing completed the first week of January. We will take progress photos and post them as they happen.
updates please!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I wonder if this was the setup chris was telling me about. When i placed the order for my tank he had mentioned he was a little backed up because most of his team was on a build that required they be onsite for.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Subscribed.

OP, who did you end up going with for plumbing work? Did you go with someone in aquaculture or general plumber? My bro-in-law does hydroponics for a living, and he'd get a thrill to see this massive build you are going through...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store