koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
A load of towels helps ;)

Aquaculture is my preferred career choice, I have an aquaponics set up but the control circuit my dad built isn't working. I would like to set up a pond or something with a much simpler no nonsense set up.

I was studying so I couldn't do the thread unfortunately.

Haha.

I'm thinking that a hillstream loach type set up will work but I know very little of those loaches in particular
Ugh, don't remind me I had leaks in the past. Well not so much a leak as like a bone head I fell asleep while refilling a tank. Man, using all my towels to sop it up and then wringing them out to go back again. What a nightmare. And that rug never smelled right again. lol

Very cool Hendre! Sorry to hear about the control circuit but it's really cool to think you may have a aquaponics system set up in the future. Another thread you should create. lol Would love to hear the fish and plants you where thinking about.

No problem, priorities; studying comes first.

koltsixx koltsixx just wondering what ur Nodosus does at night with the lights out? Whether u tried feeding with the lights out? Let it float or sink to the bottom of the tank.

Just a thought as mine are active at night now for some reason.
I barely sleep and my two favorite tanks are in my bedroom one of which is the tank with the Nodosus. So I do get to watch his behavior at night. I run LEDs and have the blue lights for the night time, though with the Nodosus I eventually started turning off the lights all together in the hopes of reducing stress.

I did try feeding at light off as well and tried both floating and sinking to no avail. And I wish I could tell you I saw a difference in activity but when the Nodosus was hovering he did so 24 hours a day and now that he's hiding it's what he does most of the day as well. Rarely leaving to swim and I get the impression he does so because he gets disturbed in some way not because he's exploring or looking for food.

I wonder what caused the change in yours activity time. I wouldn't worry I just was under the impression that they where diurnal as the article on Planetcatfish stated.

Reactions: Hendre

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
Give this a try your way lol, more organized.
Viktor an I are always having to organize our post because of their length and all they cover. Now you. lol It does make it easier to follow and answer IMO.

I'm sure I can get an ID if I take some better pictures and make a thread asking but as I said it doesn't matter to me. And well ya got me then lol. And you pushed crenicichla in me, maybe it's my turn to push polys in you lol. They are great fish after all and not hard to keep after all, the only troubled is you'll probably always want more, due to the locations and possible new species that come in labeled as just a location lol.
So you're purposefully tempting me, son of a ... lol Oh well, at least I struck first. :p

lol science is so vast, but most of it is interesting.
Couldn't agree more. It's funny my math skills are on the weak side but I always liked science and usually did well in the subject despite it.

With the fish you keep, you are more than capable, I've never had a problem with fish jumping, only once and it was a wolf fish. And I have no extra measures, no weight on top except their food and the light to the tank, and there is spaces probably 2" squared on my tank it's always been like that. So all I can say since you had the trouble is put something in the way of any holes and put weights on the lids lol. And it may slow down, but he's got plenty of years to go lol. And the only poly growth I've noticed was my Senegal she grew the fastest to her 8"+ current state. Could you believe the only male poly I have is my lap? And it's the same with polys in the sense they get quite a bit of girth for every inch but it's just you can't predict their growth, there's been cases of them growing to a foot in under a year, and there's cases like mine with my ornate, who's probably only grown an inch in the past 2 years+ I've had her.
Your lucky, I've had a decent number of fish jump on me. An Aro, a Gar and the Polys. The Aro was nice enough to jump at night and land on my face. I'm the same I have no extra measures to prevent jumping and probably about the same amount of area uncovered. Really guess the Polys gotta be feeling himself with no competition and all those females. lol
Didn't know growth rates on Polys could be so different.

lol I would if I could. Jk. And I'm regretted the purchase quite honestly for all the reasons I've not gotten it and especially yesterday, it has taken shots at my wolf and the wolf was giving it little bites but it didn't quit and now it seems petrified of the wolf, the wolf strongly dislikes him, won't let him move, and has left a deep gash in the fish. I can go into my experience with it but I won't as that is a thread in its own. But if you'd like I can give you hints, but then kno4te and TBTB have to agree to not guess it lol as I'm fairly positive they'll get it. And there definitly is some beautiful pikes out there. And in home aquaria the biggest I've seen grown with proof is an old member who actually inspired me to get a gold with my curu, grew his to 18" I believe. But then again he got it at around the size of mine I believe. So not so small. Then there is green who posted picture of his friends who has a curu I believe over 2', I wanna say 26" but don't quote me on that. And there is another member who claimed to have a few friends with them around 2' don't remember if he said they grew from small though, and he couldn't provide proof. But hey we'll see how this curu grows I guess lol I plan to keep it as long as I can get away with this set up.
Sorry to hear that the Curu and mystery fish aren't getting along. There's nothing worse IMO then always worrying if one of your fish is going to kill the other. And it looks like I'm going to have to do some investigating to get my answer. lol I'm surprised at there being so many large Curu's. They must be beastly looking. While aimara may have I don't think any would argue that Cur's have that bulldog look. And at over 2 feet man those choppers have to look sick.

And I learned my lesson early on in my accounts life span, me and JL had a little disagreement that lead to many pages, and I said something that could've been taken as an insult, so I got my warning, me and JL might've pmed eachother can't remember but we came to agree to disagree I believe and after that we've been cool etc. and I saw how much he has to offer to the MFK community lol. Good guy, just gets set in his opinion. Like me, lol I have to be right but if I find I'm not right I just tell the person they got it and I don't wanna hear about it no more. We're both stubborn lol.
Lol, yeah JL can be strong willed at times. He is a great member as you said though. It was in one of his threads I first saw an African Tiger Scats and fell in love. Man those things are sexy.

His fins colors still intact? He's held in this long we still have hope!
They seem to be, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

And for sure there is, it's not as active as some of the other sections but it's knowledgeable my favorite fish are wolves lol. I also like many other characins though, cudas and payaras are nice, atf, my favorite out of the open water preds are dorados.
I miss my Curu but he wasn't very interactive. I like fish that study you studying them. lol Though maybe I never gave the Curu enough of a chance I may have to try them again. Dorados are awesome but they're just so beastly. I wanted one for awhile but their size, strength and activity level have kept me away. Hey, is the mystery fish a Dorado? :D

And my hands aren't so capable lol, I let nature take its course, most I do is add salt, I've never been in much of a situation to use meds, and I don't use meds for myself lol can't say I don't believe in them cause they exist but I don't think they are needed, I've had plenty of fish get sick or have an infection and good water always did the tick for me, I've only lost fish to other fish really. And that's not to much, because I'm usually able to make some sort of accommodation to put that to an end. That's why when someone asks what meds to use I tag kno4te, he picks up my slack if he wishes to lol
Me neither I think I've had maybe two instances where I needed Meds, knock on wood. And like you I'm not a fan of meds for myself either. I have to really be messed up to resort to pills and other medical treatment. And clean water and proper maintenance do go a long way.

Well it has arrived, looks maybe an inch bigger than what I was told which is good if so lol, can't fit a ruler in the bucket though so I don't know. Definitly very girthy, gonna put it in the 120, it looks like my sun cat girth wise, not sure about length. Can't say whether it's all black yet. It poked holes in the bag so it was pretty much out the water, seems sluggish, but I think it'll be fine. Acclimating it now. Will make a thread.
Congratz Moe! I actually stopped over in your thread before coming here. Looking forward to seeing more in your Trachy thread.

Reactions: kno4te and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Viktor an I are always having to organize our post because of their length and all they cover. Now you. lol It does make it easier to follow and answer IMO.
seems I will have to start as well lol. Will definitly do it in others threads, think it'd be the polite thing to do.

Couldn't agree more. It's funny my math skills are on the weak side but I always liked science and usually did well in the subject despite it.
Math and science are my strong suits, my only weakness was history, always found it so uninteresting. Probably cause I've never been into people, only animals lol.

Your lucky, I've had a decent number of fish jump on me. An Aro, a Gar and the Polys. The Aro was nice enough to jump at night and land on my face. I'm the same I have no extra measures to prevent jumping and probably about the same amount of area uncovered. Really guess the Polys gotta be feeling himself with no competition and all those females. lol
Didn't know growth rates on Polys could be so different.
Guess I am, it was for a short period of time as well, like less than a minute cause I was in the room so I filled a bucket picked him put him in rinsed any dog hair off him and out him back, it was my favorite wolf, let me pet him, hand feed, and even lift out the water slightly for a little. Lol! On the aro, must've sucked at the time but something to look back and laugh about. And he was with all of the bichirs at one point, but I've since moved the Senegal and retro down due to size difference, they just get pushed out the way at feeding time, and the ornate because it's easier to feed her in a smaller tank and the smaller tank gets smaller pellets which is easier for her to eat. So he's with two females.

Sorry to hear that the Curu and mystery fish aren't getting along. There's nothing worse IMO then always worrying if one of your fish is going to kill the other. And it looks like I'm going to have to do some investigating to get my answer. lol I'm surprised at there being so many large Curu's. They must be beastly looking. While aimara may have I don't think any would argue that Cur's have that bulldog look. And at over 2 feet man those choppers have to look sick.
The curupira has been leaving him alone now, the trachy kind of bulldozed him out from under the driftwood he was under, so he chose a new spot the curu can get to and even laid out in the open near the curu and the curu left him, he's really tore up. I put salt in earlier, I think he'll pull through but he's gonna be scarred no doubt. The curu already gave him some scars from before. If anyone is going to be killed it'll be the mystery fish but I won't let it get to that, if the curu were to persist for more than a day then I'd separate and try again once healed if he went back at it then I'd rehome. And I can lead you to it in hints lol. Hint number one, my old irresponsible buy was a wyckioides, I previously said they're related. Which if I must point out makes it a catfish in the Hemibagrus family.... that's two hints. And yes the curu that greenerinks posted was beastly no doubt about it. If you find time you should look for it. If I am to get afish that will probably grow to large for the tank I have, it must be lazy and take long to get there ;). Kind of another a hint

Lol, yeah JL can be strong willed at times. He is a great member as you said though. It was in one of his threads I first saw an African Tiger Scats and fell in love. Man those things are sexy.
Yea, he's got quite the collection!

They seem to be, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
If so I'd not worry yet, maybe it's a mood thing or trying to blend in a bit better kind of thing.

I miss my Curu but he wasn't very interactive. I like fish that study you studying them. lol Though maybe I never gave the Curu enough of a chance I may have to try them again. Dorados are awesome but they're just so beastly. I wanted one for awhile but their size, strength and activity level have kept me away. Hey, is the mystery fish a Dorado? :D
Mines is fairly interactive I'd say. Sure always knows where I am in the room, doesn't like me close to him or the polys. He's actually protected the polys from this mystery fish, as the fish is known to be very aggressive and supposed to be kept alone, it was attacking the polys only when they went into the dw, but the curu put an end to that and now he deals with them when they pile in. Theres kind of another hint, but so many fish are said to need to be kept alone. No dorado, a catfish as I said above, I'd definitly not do a dorado in this tank, they are way to active to be kept long in here lol, I would love to keep one some day when I have atleast an 8' long tank, dream tank is 12' long by 6' wide, and 3' in height. It would have to be a brasiliensis if I ever got one, they're more peaceful, get more gold, and I like the stockier look their heads give off.

Me neither I think I've had maybe two instances where I needed Meds, knock on wood. And like you I'm not a fan of meds for myself either. I have to really be messed up to resort to pills and other medical treatment. And clean water and proper maintenance do go a long way.
I've had one and the fish passed, it was actually my first go at jaguar cats, it was small, maybe 2", and some tiger barbs half its size literally ate it alive. And same, it has benefitted me being like this, I stay sick for two days where as anyone else in my house is sick for up to two weeks with the same thing lol.

Congratz Moe! I actually stopped over in your thread before coming here. Looking forward to seeing more in your Trachy thread.
I noticed lol, I hope to be able to update it for a long time. Pics and all I experience.

Reactions: koltsixx and kno4te

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
seems I will have to start as well lol. Will definitly do it in others threads, think it'd be the polite thing to do.
Well when your as wordy as we are, you gotta. lol

Math and science are my strong suits, my only weakness was history, always found it so uninteresting. Probably cause I've never been into people, only animals lol.
Math was my only weakness, though like you I always had a fondness for animals. As a kid I had a fish tank, turtle tank, snake tank, Guinea pig, Birds and it hasn't really gotten any better. lol I've got to get somethings situated first but I want to do a lot of stuff pet wise. First improve on my tank collection including going a different way with filtration and some other things. Then Build a new Ball Python Enclosure again, may even go for a scaleless ball python as it sole occupant. Then maybe a Red Tegu Enclosure and finally a Poison Arrow frog collection. Want to set up my own fogger and try to make it look as natural as possible while still being able to see the frogs.

Guess I am, it was for a short period of time as well, like less than a minute cause I was in the room so I filled a bucket picked him put him in rinsed any dog hair off him and out him back, it was my favorite wolf, let me pet him, hand feed, and even lift out the water slightly for a little. Lol! On the aro, must've sucked at the time but something to look back and laugh about. And he was with all of the bichirs at one point, but I've since moved the Senegal and retro down due to size difference, they just get pushed out the way at feeding time, and the ornate because it's easier to feed her in a smaller tank and the smaller tank gets smaller pellets which is easier for her to eat. So he's with two females.
Lol! It did suck, I got soaked along with my bed and hit twice. Once by the Aro and the other by an Ex who reacted instinctively to the fish and my reaction. Though I do look back at it and laugh now like you said. That's awesome that you're Wolf let you get so close with it. I never thought they'd be calm enough to tolerate touch. Figured the pred in them would be too strong to trust someones hand.

The curupira has been leaving him alone now, the trachy kind of bulldozed him out from under the driftwood he was under, so he chose a new spot the curu can get to and even laid out in the open near the curu and the curu left him, he's really tore up. I put salt in earlier, I think he'll pull through but he's gonna be scarred no doubt. The curu already gave him some scars from before. If anyone is going to be killed it'll be the mystery fish but I won't let it get to that, if the curu were to persist for more than a day then I'd separate and try again once healed if he went back at it then I'd rehome. And I can lead you to it in hints lol. Hint number one, my old irresponsible buy was a wyckioides, I previously said they're related. Which if I must point out makes it a catfish in the Hemibagrus family.... that's two hints. And yes the curu that greenerinks posted was beastly no doubt about it. If you find time you should look for it. If I am to get afish that will probably grow to large for the tank I have, it must be lazy and take long to get there ;). Kind of another a hint
So the Curu did tear up the Trachy? If so there maybe no scarring. Trachys have an amazing recuperative ability. One of mine got shredded and I mean bad. The fish looked like a filet you'd eat. Skin was gone, there was blood and tattered flesh hanging yet in a relatively short time she completely healed, no scarring at all. Mater of fact the Trachy acted for the most part normally while wounded. Ate more sparingly but that was it. As for your mystery fish the minute you said Wyckioides I knew. There aren't many Hemi's available in the hobby so the choices where limited and for it to be a mistake and not Wyckioides well that left just one gorgeous fish. One I myself have coveted but have maintained my self control thus far. It's funny that you should mention Hemi's though since as a compromise I was going to try a Albino Nemurus.

Yea, he's got quite the collection!
Yeah, I used to get crazy jealous especially when I heard about all the fis others had donated to him. I used to be like where are these people and why aren't they giving me there fish. lol

If so I'd not worry yet, maybe it's a mood thing or trying to blend in a bit better kind of thing.
Keeping fingers crossed.

Mines is fairly interactive I'd say. Sure always knows where I am in the room, doesn't like me close to him or the polys. He's actually protected the polys from this mystery fish, as the fish is known to be very aggressive and supposed to be kept alone, it was attacking the polys only when they went into the dw, but the curu put an end to that and now he deals with them when they pile in. Theres kind of another hint, but so many fish are said to need to be kept alone. No dorado, a catfish as I said above, I'd definitly not do a dorado in this tank, they are way to active to be kept long in here lol, I would love to keep one some day when I have atleast an 8' long tank, dream tank is 12' long by 6' wide, and 3' in height. It would have to be a brasiliensis if I ever got one, they're more peaceful, get more gold, and I like the stockier look their heads give off.
Of course the Curu squashed the beef. Dude was like who does this guy think he is? I'm the main man in the tank. lol Yeah to me a Dorado is a lot like a Pacu they need room to swim. But maybe one day you'll have your dream tank and your Golden Dorado and can show it off here. I know I'd like to see it.

I've had one and the fish passed, it was actually my first go at jaguar cats, it was small, maybe 2", and some tiger barbs half its size literally ate it alive. And same, it has benefitted me being like this, I stay sick for two days where as anyone else in my house is sick for up to two weeks with the same thing lol.
My first go at Jags wasn't a success either. I bought a sickly thin one who basically floated out of the bag. Big mistake but it was the first time I saw one and it was local, literally just 1 mile away from my home.
I notice that things bother me less then those who take lots of meds. I think it makes it so you don't tolerate discomfort well so you seem sick longer. Though I believe science has said that our being too proactive on treating disease has compromised us to a degree. What's funny is I'm still like that and I got it from my Parents. Yet one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't push my Mother to go to the Doctor more.

I was about to get all emotional and really start venting but I caught myself. I'll try to keep it short. It's good to be strong and not whine about every little thing but learn when it's important to get help. If not for yourself for your family.

I noticed lol, I hope to be able to update it for a long time. Pics and all I experience.
Really looking forward to it.

Reactions: Hendre and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Well when your as wordy as we are, you gotta. lol

Math was my only weakness, though like you I always had a fondness for animals. As a kid I had a fish tank, turtle tank, snake tank, Guinea pig, Birds and it hasn't really gotten any better. lol I've got to get somethings situated first but I want to do a lot of stuff pet wise. First improve on my tank collection including going a different way with filtration and some other things. Then Build a new Ball Python Enclosure again, may even go for a scaleless ball python as it sole occupant. Then maybe a Red Tegu Enclosure and finally a Poison Arrow frog collection. Want to set up my own fogger and try to make it look as natural as possible while still being able to see the frogs.
You too huh lol, my parents used to brag about how everything was about animals for me as soon a sincoukd walk and talk. Growinuo I was a shy kid, even up until high school until maybe two years ago, when it came to new people that is, but if we got into talking about animals I would come out my shell, only for them. lol I remember when I was younger my first time seeing King Kong in the movies I got all teary when they were killing him. I've always loved all animals as well, specifically learning about them, growing up I had so many species of lizards, fish, some frogs and turtles and snakes, ferrets, hamsters, hermit crabs, gerbils, lol about anything you can buy from your lps and more since my uncle had a friend where he'd have alot of animals and would give some to me. And a scaless ball python, nice, it wasn't to long ago it's of that morph was born lol, there are some beautiful morphs, I like ivorys, someone about the simplicity of it, I've been thinking about getting blood pythons, probably been my favorite snake since middle school when I went to the New York zoo and saw a large one and the deep red it had was beautiful to me, and I love their thick bodies. lol I can go all day about animals. I love reptiles and fish the most.

Lol! It did suck, I got soaked along with my bed and hit twice. Once by the Aro and the other by an Ex who reacted instinctively to the fish and my reaction. Though I do look back at it and laugh now like you said. That's awesome that you're Wolf let you get so close with it. I never thought they'd be calm enough to tolerate touch. Figured the pred in them would be too strong to trust someones hand.
Lol! What an experience, I don't know if I'd be mad I was awoken out my sleep, cause I hate that, and that I just got hit twice, or more worried about the fish, probably worried bout the fish till its in the tank then mad lol. And yea that was my old mala, was my favorite had it for 2 years before meeting it demise by that irresponsible purchase I made 4 years ago, the wyckioides. I don't regret the wyckioides despite that, it brought me to learn about new fish and taught me to know better next time, thiugh my self control didn't last to long obviously.

So the Curu did tear up the Trachy? If so there maybe no scarring. Trachys have an amazing recuperative ability. One of mine got shredded and I mean bad. The fish looked like a filet you'd eat. Skin was gone, there was blood and tattered flesh hanging yet in a relatively short time she completely healed, no scarring at all. Mater of fact the Trachy acted for the most part normally while wounded. Ate more sparingly but that was it. As for your mystery fish the minute you said Wyckioides I knew. There aren't many Hemi's available in the hobby so the choices where limited and for it to be a mistake and not Wyckioides well that left just one gorgeous fish. One I myself have coveted but have maintained my self control thus far. It's funny that you should mention Hemi's though since as a compromise I was going to try a Albino Nemurus.
And no one has touched the trachy, he's doing fine still. I was talking about the fish you're supposed to be guessing lol. I've taken pictures of every bite mark since I've gotten the fish, figure I'd open up about it one day and show so people can see two sides to the species story, one where it bully's, and one where it tries but in turn gets bullied by picking a fight it can't finish. I've thought of nemurus, but it's the jet black I love about it, the off white is opposite, I like darker fish for the most part lol. Nice it was so easy. It's my favorite catfish. After keeping it I still love it. Couldn't say enough about the looks of it, with the white tip accents and trailers, flat head but stockier body, and it never put shadow its dorsal down, which make fish look better imo, a gorgeous fish. One day I hope to have it in that dream 12x6 with an amapa aimara, lince maybe, and dorado. That's pretty much my dream set up. Those four and dithers like brycon or wide bar sd so they can stay in best condition.

Yeah, I used to get crazy jealous especially when I heard about all the fis others had donated to him. I used to be like where are these people and why aren't they giving me there fish. lol
Lol! Right? Why are there no deals in the northeast like that?

Keeping fingers crossed.
Me too!

Of course the Curu squashed the beef. Dude was like who does this guy think he is? I'm the main man in the tank. lol Yeah to me a Dorado is a lot like a Pacu they need room to swim. But maybe one day you'll have your dream tank and your Golden Dorado and can show it off here. I know I'd like to see it.
I'll send you a pic of that fish in its current state lol. Surprise to me is it's trailers remain. And I'd like to see it too! Lol.

My first go at Jags wasn't a success either. I bought a sickly thin one who basically floated out of the bag. Big mistake but it was the first time I saw one and it was local, literally just 1 mile away from my home.
I notice that things bother me less then those who take lots of meds. I think it makes it so you don't tolerate discomfort well so you seem sick longer. Though I believe science has said that our being too proactive on treating disease has compromised us to a degree. What's funny is I'm still like that and I got it from my Parents. Yet one of my biggest regrets is that I didn't push my Mother to go to the Doctor more.

I was about to get all emotional and really start venting but I caught myself. I'll try to keep it short. It's good to be strong and not whine about every little thing but learn when it's important to get help. If not for yourself for your family.
Yea, I thought it was gonna be one of those species not meant for me kind of thing lol. But yea medicine has compromised us, it doesn't allow our amine system to build up so we basically become sensitive to everything. It stopped our physical evolution, now we can only evolve knowledge wise. And hey, I wish I sent my mom to the doctors too, wish I've known, but it's to late. If you were going where I think you were, I know I'm just some kid and you probably don't need to nor want to get into your personal life but I'd be willing to talk with you about that if you ever needed bro, I've been through it twice, the only two times you can. It's taught me a lot and made me wise for my age. Also not sure if you want to continue to derail your thread while not doing so at the same time lol. But enough of that.

Really looking forward to it.[/QUOTE]
Me too.

Reactions: koltsixx

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
You too huh lol, my parents used to brag about how everything was about animals for me as soon a sincoukd walk and talk. Growinuo I was a shy kid, even up until high school until maybe two years ago, when it came to new people that is, but if we got into talking about animals I would come out my shell, only for them. lol I remember when I was younger my first time seeing King Kong in the movies I got all teary when they were killing him. I've always loved all animals as well, specifically learning about them, growing up I had so many species of lizards, fish, some frogs and turtles and snakes, ferrets, hamsters, hermit crabs, gerbils, lol about anything you can buy from your lps and more since my uncle had a friend where he'd have alot of animals and would give some to me. And a scaless ball python, nice, it wasn't to long ago it's of that morph was born lol, there are some beautiful morphs, I like ivorys, someone about the simplicity of it, I've been thinking about getting blood pythons, probably been my favorite snake since middle school when I went to the New York zoo and saw a large one and the deep red it had was beautiful to me, and I love their thick bodies. lol I can go all day about animals. I love reptiles and fish the most.

Lol! What an experience, I don't know if I'd be mad I was awoken out my sleep, cause I hate that, and that I just got hit twice, or more worried about the fish, probably worried bout the fish till its in the tank then mad lol. And yea that was my old mala, was my favorite had it for 2 years before meeting it demise by that irresponsible purchase I made 4 years ago, the wyckioides. I don't regret the wyckioides despite that, it brought me to learn about new fish and taught me to know better next time, thiugh my self control didn't last to long obviously.

And no one has touched the trachy, he's doing fine still. I was talking about the fish you're supposed to be guessing lol. I've taken pictures of every bite mark since I've gotten the fish, figure I'd open up about it one day and show so people can see two sides to the species story, one where it bully's, and one where it tries but in turn gets bullied by picking a fight it can't finish. I've thought of nemurus, but it's the jet black I love about it, the off white is opposite, I like darker fish for the most part lol. Nice it was so easy. It's my favorite catfish. After keeping it I still love it. Couldn't say enough about the looks of it, with the white tip accents and trailers, flat head but stockier body, and it never put shadow its dorsal down, which make fish look better imo, a gorgeous fish. One day I hope to have it in that dream 12x6 with an amapa aimara, lince maybe, and dorado. That's pretty much my dream set up. Those four and dithers like brycon or wide bar sd so they can stay in best condition.

Lol! Right? Why are there no deals in the northeast like that?

Me too!

I'll send you a pic of that fish in its current state lol. Surprise to me is it's trailers remain. And I'd like to see it too! Lol.

Yea, I thought it was gonna be one of those species not meant for me kind of thing lol. But yea medicine has compromised us, it doesn't allow our amine system to build up so we basically become sensitive to everything. It stopped our physical evolution, now we can only evolve knowledge wise. And hey, I wish I sent my mom to the doctors too, wish I've known, but it's to late. If you were going where I think you were, I know I'm just some kid and you probably don't need to nor want to get into your personal life but I'd be willing to talk with you about that if you ever needed bro, I've been through it twice, the only two times you can. It's taught me a lot and made me wise for my age. Also not sure if you want to continue to derail your thread while not doing so at the same time lol. But enough of that.

Really looking forward to it.
Me too.
Yeah, maybe I have let it get a little derailed. lol Alright I'll try to more or less get it back on track but I'd still like to address some of your post.

I know what you mean about the all black versus the white. I actually want your mystery fish for it's colors but am willing to settle for the opposite. I personally like a lot of contrast in my fish. Many of my favorite fish being all black or all white.

And thank you for the offer to talk. I may take you up on it. It's been about 6 months but I still find myself completely devastated by my Mom passing. I'm so sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences.

Now to get the thread back on track Update on the Nodosus:
Still no change unfortunately but I still am trying to remain hopeful. He still just hides and swims rarely and it always seems like when he does it's not to explore for food or explore but because he was disturbed in his hide. Will let you guys know if anything does change.

Reactions: kno4te and moe214

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Yeah, maybe I have let it get a little derailed. lol Alright I'll try to more or less get it back on track but I'd still like to address some of your post.

I know what you mean about the all black versus the white. I actually want your mystery fish for it's colors but am willing to settle for the opposite. I personally like a lot of contrast in my fish. Many of my favorite fish being all black or all white.

And thank you for the offer to talk. I may take you up on it. It's been about 6 months but I still find myself completely devastated by my Mom passing. I'm so sorry for your loss and you have my deepest condolences.

Now to get the thread back on track Update on the Nodosus:
Still no change unfortunately but I still am trying to remain hopeful. He still just hides and swims rarely and it always seems like when he does it's not to explore for food or explore but because he was disturbed in his hide. Will let you guys know if anything does change.
Will keep it in track so pm'd.

kno4te finding his to be nocturnal, maybe try feeding at night, over feed a little so there's some left incase he gets to it late and see if his belly has bump in the morning maybe?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
There is so much to read. I'll see you guys tomorrow :p

Ugh, don't remind me I had leaks in the past. Well not so much a leak as like a bone head I fell asleep while refilling a tank. Man, using all my towels to sop it up and then wringing them out to go back again. What a nightmare. And that rug never smelled right again. lol

Very cool Hendre! Sorry to hear about the control circuit but it's really cool to think you may have a aquaponics system set up in the future. Another thread you should create. lol Would love to hear the fish and plants you where thinking about.

No problem, priorities; studying comes first.
I fill my tanks by bucket which helps

My system atm has a few goldfish (4) and just a round of lettuce and basil. My dad made it all complicated and now it doesn't work lol. I want a basic one pump filter and plant runway system.

The test was moved lol
The Aro was nice enough to jump at night and land on my face.
Haha! That's a new way of fishslap

I need a while to read all this

Reactions: moe214

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
koltsixx koltsixx how about leaving in a few ghost shrimp? Have a count and see if they start missing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store