African aro's

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
How readily avalible are african aro's avalible in the U.S. Are they easy or difficult to find. Does any body know where I would be able to find one. Also how much do they usually cost. I know it really depends on size but a guess or estiment would help.

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
They are difficult to find at times but are actually quite inexpensive for such a rare fish. I think I got 3 for 40$ before. I have seen them sold 8 for 100$ I have not seen them for sale for a while. They are very interesting fish and I wouldn't mind picking a few up when they come back around.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
rottbo said:
sorry buddy they are pretty rare but i will keep my eyes out for two cuz i want one two they are pretty cool but expensive too atleast the one i have seen but the one lfs that carries stuff like that is expensive and they suck i will check my list of suppliers though
Dude, I promise you that this site will not charge you fees for using punctuation marks.

Af aros are usually available late spring to early summer. They're fairly inexpensive but, hard as hell to keep alive. The best method many agree on is to use bare tanks and sponge filters. The only decorations (until these aros hit the 10" mark) should be long floating plants to give the aros some feeling of security. These fish need constant access to food. Bare tanks are the easyist to keep clean with this type of feeding. Sponge filters provide the needed biological breakdown while keeping missed food items available to the aros. 30 to 50% water changes every other day are needed. Also keep a sturdy full cover on the tank or these aros will fly. Foods can include frozen/FD bloodworms, blackworms, mosquito larvae, brine shrimp, cyclop-eeze, commercial fry powders/grains with high protein, and virtually anything else in any part of the tank. The only real requirement concerning their food is that it be small. These are filter feeders and silt strainers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store