African Cichlids Help/ID

bpoore05

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2012
PA
This yellow fish,
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=792825&d=1339598685

which I don't think is an electric lab cause there is no black strip on the top, has been hiding for the last few days in the deepest cave and doesn't come out. Doesn't eat or anything. It just stays hiding. It this fish sick, having babies, or something else. I don't know what to do. People say its a female johanni. Can anyone help. Thanks!

Ashleigh Fletcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
I have a question I have a 55 gallon tank. With two cichlids one blue one yellow. All the sudden they started swimming eractically. I did a 40% water change. But my yellow know as sunny isn't her normal self, seems to have trouble breathing an not really wanting to move.. stays hidden an lower to sand Both were acting crazy for 45 mins til I did water change. Now it's just sunny she normally the one in charge as she's is the biggest. Now. She barley eats an doesn't want to do much here's so.e pictures of her. Maybe fungus by her fins?? Please help!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have a question I have a 55 gallon tank. With two cichlids one blue one yellow. All the sudden they started swimming eractically. I did a 40% water change. But my yellow know as sunny isn't her normal self, seems to have trouble breathing an not really wanting to move.. stays hidden an lower to sand Both were acting crazy for 45 mins til I did water change. Now it's just sunny she normally the one in charge as she's is the biggest. Now. She barley eats an doesn't want to do much here's so.e pictures of her. Maybe fungus by her fins?? Please help!!

How long has the aquarium been setup and was it properly cycled. Also test and list your water parameters.

Ashleigh Fletcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
Sorry I'm new at this. These two are my first. I just bought a pH test everything was okay there. I did do a water change just to see if it'll help.. I did cycle it when first setting up 4 months ago. I tried adding a picture it would tell let me. On the face of my yellow seems to be shiny almost it hard to describe. She breathing fast. They both just started to chasing each other again . Haven't had any fins bitten or anything they seem to get get along my 4 months with them. Yellow Gills seem to look a little funny.. it could just be me over panicking but I love this little guys... Never seen either act this way

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Sorry I'm new at this. These two are my first. I just bought a pH test everything was okay there. I did do a water change just to see if it'll help.. I did cycle it when first setting up 4 months ago. I tried adding a picture it would tell let me. On the face of my yellow seems to be shiny almost it hard to describe. She breathing fast. They both just started to chasing each other again . Haven't had any fins bitten or anything they seem to get get along my 4 months with them. Yellow Gills seem to look a little funny.. it could just be me over panicking but I love this little guys... Never seen either act this way

Its possible the one Cichlid is being bullied and stressed especially if they are African Cichlids.

Ashleigh Fletcher

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 6, 2017
Im sorry i must be explaining this wrong, lol yellow hasnt ate and losing color when there swiming erractially yellow is the one chasin blue. They really just bump eachother theres no tears or ripped fins.. An follow each other alot. I bought them as babies at walmart.. Yellow is much bigger than blue. But ive startes to notice yellow not eating staying at bottom of tank or hiddig in his cave, also compared to blues breathing yellow breathing alot faster.. I notice his color wasnt same few days ago. Im trying t figture iut hiw to add pictures lol

james99

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2009
savannah,ga
Can you post full water stats, ammonia, nitrate and nitrite? To post pics click upload a file at the bottom of the reply box, find the pic on your phone or computer, wait for the bar to reach 100%, click post reply and it should work. Below is a sample pic I uploaded.

IMG_20170901_132837311_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store