African featherfin cat

New-World-cichlids

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2017
Hi guys, i have an african featherfin catfish in a 125 with some cichlids. I just wanted to know if i could but a bushynose pleco in the tank or would the catfish be aggressive towards it. I know some synodontis are not nice to other bottom feeders but im not too sure. Right now the catfish is about 3in. Thanks

Red Cichlids

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2019
Sacramento
I've kept eupterus with larger plecostomus before and never had a problem or seen any signs of aggression either way. I think you would be fine as long as you aren't getting the tiny 1" bristlenose I've been seeing around lately.

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Just ensure each fish has somewhere they can retreat to and call home and i also agree you should be fine.
I have 5 eupterus growing on in with 2 cactus plecs and a sailfin in one six ft tank and a pair of bristlenose in with my more aggressive granulosus hybrid and snakehead in a 75g with plenty of retreats and no aggression between species.
The eupterus will go in the pond eventually with redtail and others cats with the 5 large synos already there.

Reactions: New-World-cichlids

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Just ensure each fish has somewhere they can retreat to and call home and i also agree you should be fine.
I have 5 eupterus growing on in with 2 cactus plecs and a sailfin in one six ft tank and a pair of bristlenose in with my more aggressive granulosus hybrid and snakehead in a 75g with plenty of retreats and no aggression between species.
The eupterus will go in the pond eventually with redtail and others cats with the 5 large synos already there.
Are the synos meant to be food for the red tail cat fish?

Fishman Dave

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2015
West Yorkshire
Are the synos meant to be food for the red tail cat fish?
I do have what some may consider a risky mix of fish very reminiscent of the wild in my pond with synos, plecs, mystus, jaguar cichlids and silver shark all living side by side with redtail, sperata aor, vulture cat and wykii but that's only possible due to the amount of a) bogwood, rocks, pipe, branches and cover and b) a targeted feeding regime.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store