After a decade away... I'm back!

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
I got out of the hobby about 10 years ago. Obviously a lot has happened, most significantly, I'm now a father to two amazing girls and it seemed like a good time to introduce them to this amazing hobby. I recently set up a very basic 75g juvinile SA/CA cichlid tank. Here are a few pics of my recent additions....

EB Acara
EB Texas
Firemouth
Pike... help with ID? (way off my game here)

fullsizeoutput_379c.jpeg

DSC_7191.jpeg

DSC_7198.jpeg

Attachments

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Picked up this little pleco as a "Butterfly Pleco". Anyone have a positive ID?

Reactions: pops and kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Pleco looks like a l52, usually called a butterfly pleco.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
WB to the hobby!

Reactions: Hawkfish3.0

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Welcome back, looks like you have a nice set up. I sense a blue theme coming through lol.

I'm growing out some electric blue acaras right now also, they don't seem to be incredibly fast growers.
I have 3 and I guesstimated their genders by morphology but its hard with this species.
yours looks very rotund.

Not sure what your pike is, could be a 'belly crawler' but the spots on the flanks seem to be quite high, above the lateral line.
nice guy anyway!

Hawkfish3.0

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Welcome back, looks like you have a nice set up. I sense a blue theme coming through lol.

I'm growing out some electric blue acaras right now also, they don't seem to be incredibly fast growers.
I have 3 and I guesstimated their genders by morphology but its hard with this species.
yours looks very rotund.

Not sure what your pike is, could be a 'belly crawler' but the spots on the flanks seem to be quite high, above the lateral line.
nice guy anyway!
Thanks! I’m very excited to get ba.ck into the hobby.

It’s funny, I was watching the EB Texas and the EB Acara duke it out today. Yes, the Acara is very plump and what a personality!

I believe the pike is a Sveni, based on some feedback here. I had a 10” Sevni in my 220g years ago. This one seems to rule the tank in silent dominance.

Rafini

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2012
Calgary, Canada
Very nice good luck with your pike!
I had a pair of those short body texas a few years back and right before they breed their colors are amazing.
I did find however that the males are not fertile. or at least mine wasn't.
I always assumed they were just short body texas but if they have some parrot in there that could explain the lack of fertile males.
Either way good luck and keep us updated

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store