After spawning

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
hi guys

how many hours after spawning the pairs should be removed from the aquarium?

What do I do to not corrupt the eggs?

==========================================

What I do is :

1- After 3h i removed the pairs from the aquarium
2- Reduce the water level to 20 cm
3- use Methylene blue + salt
4- darkened the aquarium by paper
5- use more oxygen

But after 2 days the egg will be white and corrupted !!! Why??

Where my work is wrong and what to do?

WP_20170315_001.jpg
Methylene blue

PseudaSmart

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
Michigan
Need a lot more information. Species, tank size, water parameters, etc.
As a general note eggs usually die from fungus not bacteria or parasites.

Reactions: Mohammad93

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
Need a lot more information. Species, tank size, water parameters, etc.
As a general note eggs usually die from fungus not bacteria or parasites.
tank size = 70 X 30 X 35 cm 70 Lit
water ph = 7
temp = 28 C
use top filter with (Charcoal active, glass wool, ceramic, bio-balls) but after spawning shutdown the top filter

PseudaSmart

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2013
Michigan
I have no experience with that type of fish so I will leave this thread to those with experience.
Good luck.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
I believe a lot of male parrots are not fertile.
My guess is the eggs were never fertilised and that's why they are dying off.
I have never been interested in hybrids so my knowledge in this area is lacking.
I think you would have a much better time breeding proper cichlids and not hybrids.
You really could do with a bigger tank for those species.
Maybe you should look at breeding something smaller like kribensis.

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
From one of your previous threads on this pair, you have a male short body FH and a female blood parrot. You should not remove the parents so soon. They should be in there to fan the eggs.

Try this next time: Use a clay plate, tile or slate laid flat. Once eggs are on it, leave parents in there to care for the eggs. On day 2, look for darkness (not solid white) within eggs...this is a sure sign eggs have been fertilized...solid white means they've gone bad. Once eggs have those dark markings, I would remove them to a smaller tank with a sponge filter or hob filter with intake covered with sponge and using the same tank water. Lay the plate upright against the glass and wait for the wigglers to fall to the bare bottom tank.

After several attempts and with no success, it's possible your male is infertile.

Mohammad93

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2016
From one of your previous threads on this pair, you have a male short body FH and a female blood parrot. You should not remove the parents so soon. They should be in there to fan the eggs.

Try this next time: Use a clay plate, tile or slate laid flat. Once eggs are on it, leave parents in there to care for the eggs. On day 2, look for darkness (not solid white) within eggs...this is a sure sign eggs have been fertilized...solid white means they've gone bad. Once eggs have those dark markings, I would remove them to a smaller tank with a sponge filter or hob filter with intake covered with sponge and using the same tank water. Lay the plate upright against the glass and wait for the wigglers to fall to the bare bottom tank.

After several attempts and with no success, it's possible your male is infertile.

Thank you so much;)
what i need to know, i got it in your post:)

today, i see in some eggs come out a tail and shake:D

Reactions: paulW
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store