Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Moe needs no bolt info. I'm the only bolt keeper active on MFK it seems. :) I was teasing you, of course. Always happy to help with what I can.

Reactions: moe214

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Moe needs no bolt info. I'm the only bolt keeper active on MFK it seems. :) I was teasing you, of course. Always happy to help with what I can.
Gonna be two of us then lol

Its funny how we've come full circle in the hobby. Wjen i got back into it a few yrs ago the son and i were all about cats and wanted to keep these exact one with the addition of p.bufonius. but either because of tank size being an issue or the fish not being offered we never got around to.

We would watch youtube vids for hrs on them lol

Hoss Sauce

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2016
Not the only one! I'm just really new, I looked for mine for over a year before I found him about 2 months ago. He was supposed to be a large but ended up being about 3 inches. I currently have him in a solo 10G to bulk up and work his way up to my 180 (had him in the 125G but he was getting picked on), so I don't have a lot of useful info yet. I just got him on pellets a few weeks ago and the way he eats is voracious. He loves the flow and will sit in it all day, occasionally taking laps around the tank, then settling back down in the flow again. That's all I've got for now, I can update as he moves up in tank size and interacts with various fish.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Not the only one! I'm just really new, I looked for mine for over a year before I found him about 2 months ago. He was supposed to be a large but ended up being about 3 inches. I currently have him in a solo 10G to bulk up and work his way up to my 180 (had him in the 125G but he was getting picked on), so I don't have a lot of useful info yet. I just got him on pellets a few weeks ago and the way he eats is voracious. He loves the flow and will sit in it all day, occasionally taking laps around the tank, then settling back down in the flow again. That's all I've got for now, I can update as he moves up in tank size and interacts with various fish.
Awesome amd im definitly looking forward to hearing about how it interacts. How much size do you think it needs to put in to make the trip to the 180 safely? What are the inhabitants of the 180 ?

Who picked on him in the 125 ?

Hoss Sauce

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2016
Awesome amd im definitly looking forward to hearing about how it interacts. How much size do you think it needs to put in to make the trip to the 180 safely? What are the inhabitants of the 180 ?

Who picked on him in the 125 ?

Well the 180 is currently occupied by air. I'm moving in the next month or two so it won't be set up until I buy/move into my new house. I'm not 100% sure of what will be in it yet. I have two oscars in the 125 and the bigger one (about 6") was picking on the bolt. I'm thinking I'll leave the O's in the 125 along with my centordoras (as a clean up crew) and have a completely different stocking in the 180. I know for sure that my dat and the bolt will go in the 180 and that's about it for now.

Reactions: moe214 and jaws7777

DRteugelsi

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
Ohio
Well the 180 is currently occupied by air. I'm moving in the next month or two so it won't be set up until I buy/move into my new house. I'm not 100% sure of what will be in it yet. I have two oscars in the 125 and the bigger one (about 6") was picking on the bolt. I'm thinking I'll leave the O's in the 125 along with my centordoras (as a clean up crew) and have a completely different stocking in the 180. I know for sure that my dat and the bolt will go in the 180 and that's about it for now.
any updates? Hoss Sauce Hoss Sauce ?

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
sorry a bit of an older thread but just seeing it now. I have a bolt as well. I really like the fish but don't seem him much. He was in a 125g with managuense grow outs. He did great with them. Now he is in a 40 breeder until I decide which tank to move him to

Reactions: DRteugelsi

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
sorry a bit of an older thread but just seeing it now. I have a bolt as well. I really like the fish but don't seem him much. He was in a 125g with managuense grow outs. He did great with them. Now he is in a 40 breeder until I decide which tank to move him to
I will assume you wanted to say see, not seem.

Why? They are very outgoing and lo-o-ve a god swim around.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store