Colorado
I used one briefly, and it was noisy.

Needless to say, that is a con:)

smpage

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2007
Idaho Falls
as in, a bubbler? Pros: looks good and helps with aeration a little, cons: sounds like an air pump. that's pretty much it.

EjA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2008
Philippines
airpump could help add aeration but one con is that having too much aeration in the water, if the fish is used to it, the fish might die when a power shortage occurs (thus you've got to have a back up - i.e. battery operated or sort). fish not used to high levels of aeration have better chances of survival during power shortages than those that are.

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
I won't reiterate what has been posted above. Another con would be that with a planted tank the extra surface agitation (thus gas exchange) is going to outgas a lot more CO2, and less for plants.

Waterthoughts

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2008
ALABAMA
www.myspace.com
CoryWM;1567334; said:
When run in conjunction with a sponge. It's extra bio-filtration. Which is awesome. The usual gimpy stuff from petsmart etc isnt gonna help that much. Go with some coarse pond sponge.
ok hummm well my filtration doesn't use a "sponge" in it.... is there a kind i can just put in the water? or does that not work.... sorry if this sounds stupid...

cassharper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2007
Mansfield, Texas
Extremely thriving plants. If the plants are growing extremely fast, via photosynthesis, they will put a lot more O2 in the water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store