Air Stones and Bubblers

Dalfrey86

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey All,
Before the debate even begins about the benefits of adding an air stone or bubbler to an aquarium I am only here for product recommendations not scientific support for or against this component in fish keeping.
I am attempting to add bubbles to a few of my tanks because well the kiddos love the effect and frankly a few of the fish have seemed to enjoy it thus far.
Now, so far I have used a cheaper rubber wand with a flexible metal core. This produced maybe 60% of the total potential of bubbles I thought the device was capable of. So I tried to stretch it out by hand and oopppps went a little too aggressive and ripped the line in half. So back to the drawing board.
Who makes a decent want or long stone that actually produces bubbles the full length of the wand?
I am running a fluval Q2 so power isn’t an issue and it’s only going in a 55 gallon tank so travel from the pump and depth of the pump pushing water/air into the tank is within range for the pump.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
A company from years ago made one called anchor bubbler. It worked well and bubbles along the entire piece.

Reactions: Dalfrey86

fishdance

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
Use an air wand that takes in air from each end. Or adapt one so you can.

Reactions: kno4te

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Look up bubblemac air stones. They sell some pretty nifty stones, wands, and flexible hose diffusers. I've used their stones for over 2 years now and have yet to have to replace one.

Reactions: Dalfrey86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store