Albino annectens ?

pola

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Rio de Janeiro
It is impossible to reproduce these animals in aquarium, but it was already done here in Rio de Janeiro in a muddy bottom tank.... All the photos are mine, less f the leucistic SAL that a friend took last week. The couple in the photos is togheter since 3 years now and as they grew a lot they are now in an aquarium with 900 gallons
Back to the topic.... I honestly think the albino is an annectens, but i m not sure ... Do you know me if Oddball still attends this forum ? I would love his opinion

TheLastKon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2015
Wow! That’s the first time I’ve seen 2 Africans sharing a tank! Is it a male and female?

TheLastKon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2015
Oddball Oddball sorry to bug but we could use your expert opinion...and the pics are great so it wouldn’t hurt to take a look :)

Now that I’ve seen your lungfish I need to get more lungfish and experiment some more. Thanks so much for the pics and knowledge.

TheLastKon

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2015
Yes.... A couple .... 3 years togheter
and 0 fights
How did you introduce them? Did you know it was a male and female before you introduced them?

In your experience is there any tricks you know that will decrease the aggression? Bigger tank, lower/higher temp, bigger tankmates, hiding spots, etc? I’ve been thinking of putting other fish with my lungfish but have heard bad experiences and scared to try.

pola

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2006
Rio de Janeiro
How did you introduce them? Did you know it was a male and female before you introduced them?

In your experience is there any tricks you know that will decrease the aggression? Bigger tank, lower/higher temp, bigger tankmates, hiding spots, etc? I’ve been thinking of putting other fish with my lungfish but have heard bad experiences and scared to try.
My advice is : do not try put 2 lungfishes togheter ! It was a trick, but it ls a very long history to another topic

Reactions: TheLastKon

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
Beautiful pics! Thank you for sharing. Looks like someone likes lungfish more than
I do !

Looking fwd to see updates in a few months or so!

Reactions: TheLastKon

Samaka

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2013
USA
Btw, few more questions for you pola. the pic right below the leucitic SAL is your female annectens. Is the pic right below the female annectens (the smaller brown annectens with the large spots) your same female annectens when it was a juvenile? Or is she the smaller gilled annectens right above the pic with you? I'm trying to understand color/pattern changes as annectens mature.

Also, what is the age on your male annectens, and can you tell me more about the roe on your female? Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store