Albino Arowana

Fishyboi4

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
Hey guys I have a question about my albino arowana and everyone out there who has a similar albino arowana. I purchases this albino arowana about 2 months ago but i am having doubts if I did purchased a legit or good albino arowana. I know there are banana albino arowana, silger, black and platnium arowana but is there a certain grade level or false albino arowana. I know people say that if the eyes aren't red then they aren't true albino arowana but my question is what about the coloration of the scale and fins? I've seen multiple listed albino arowana as mines but I feel that they may not be true albino arowana and not because of their eye coloration but their overall body color. My albino arowana has lines of redness after the scales and a pigment of blue and red on its fins. My question of doubt is, if this is how an albino arowana body color suppose to look or is it suppose to be all white similar to a banana arowana or platinum in both the fin and scale? Am I just doubting for the wrong reason? If I am will their color grow out of it and it will lose the blue and red tone? Or did I buy a lower quality of an albino arowana? I'm seriously thinking about selling it and purchasing an banana arowana instead.

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
It looks like a normal albino arowana to me… It’s still beautiful even if it isn’t

Reactions: AaronKWolfe

Damascus

Dovii
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2020
It looks like a normal albino arowana to me… It’s still beautiful even if it isn’t
A lot of "albino" arowana are technically leucistic(pardon the spelling), meaning albino coloring but lacking red eyes.

Color wise is very consistent with a leucistic, and not a true albino.

Also looks like there is a jaw deformity?

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
I'm not overly experienced with arowanas by any means, but that could be jaw deformity. I'm not really sure, but I don't think it is enough to really harm the fish.

Reactions: gotin20

Fishyboi4

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2020
Thanks for the helpful tip guys. How do you guys tell if it's a mouth deformality? He's been eating fine and growing some but I haven't seen anything abnormal. When it was a lot younger about 5inches, I had it in my 60gallon it darted and jammed its upper lip on a rock while I was cleaning the tank. That kind of caused the upper lip to have a slight raise but other than that the bottom seem normal to me. I'll post a better picture when I get a good shot of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store