Albino rays

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Only one member that I know of keeping albino rays here on MFK. I don't think there are many members willing to drop 5 figures on a pair.
When did they get so cheap? Last one I heard of hitting the states was rumored to be $30K now they're 1/6th?

IF people are paying half that for BDs and black mutts not sure why they wouldn't........

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
When did they get so cheap? Last one I heard of hitting the states was rumored to be $30K now they're 1/6th?

IF people are paying half that for BDs and black mutts not sure why they wouldn't........
+1 somebody better get an albino project going before I have to!

Sent from my C6606 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Silent Bob

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2011
Plainfield, IL

Never said they became cheap. Those are your words. 30K is 5 figures.

Kolossus

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2007
Where the heart is!!!

Maybe a few of us in the states could go in on a few for a breeding project and have joint custody! Lololol

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK

It's already been done a few times before

Nico markH and another nameless person have been trying to breed for a long time

Just because you have albino parents it's no sure thing the pups will be albino your chances just get increase a little bit

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
It's already been done a few times before

Nico markH and another nameless person have been trying to breed for a long time

Just because you have albino parents it's no sure thing the pups will be albino your chances just get increase a little bit

Really? I thought it was genetics that if two animals with expressing recessive genes reproduce you would get more recessive expressing animals?

zapantha

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2012
American Canyon
Really? I thought it was genetics that if two animals with expressing recessive genes reproduce you would get more recessive expressing animals?
Same here because recessive means your genetics for the trait are rr, so two should be rr x rr with no dominant gene available to sway the characteristics? Unless albino is not a recessive gene and just a mutation?

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

snake8myelbo

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2008
ut
Breed 2 albinos together you get 100% albino offspring :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store