Albino RTC?

Ph0etus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Michigan
For a few good years now I've been privately breeding and selling reptiles, mostly snakes. A couple weeks ago I talked it over with my wife and she decided to let me expand my fish collection and add fish into my side business/hobby/whatever you want to call it. I got a decent sized collection of a few different species of bichirs that I'm going to attemp to breed when they get a little larger, but for the most part I've just been buying, trading and reselling. A couple days ago I went and met up with the people who I've been doing most of my trading with, and they had a small group of albino red-tail catfish in one of thier tanks. I've never seen, or even heard of, albino RTCs so I bought the whole group (a total of 11). They are only about 1" right now, but after I got home and looked at them a little closer I could tell they weren't "true"albinos because they have black eyes instead of red. I'm going to get pics whenever I find where I put my camera. Has anyone else seen these before? Or are these actually fairly common and I'm an idiot for buying all eleven of them? I'm just curious, because I'm starting to think that buying the whole group was a bad idea considering how fast they grow.

DRaGoNoVA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2005
Singapore
The TRUST said:
They are probably Leusistic. But at 1" I dont think they show much color of anything. Grow them out a bit more. I have never seen an albino one but I have seen pics of leusistic ones.

Here is a pic of a platinum one
tis bugger sure gonna cost a bomb :drool:

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
The fish store by me has at least a 3 ft albino they keep in a pond in the back of the store He is wild looking

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
jsodwi said:
The fish store by me has at least a 3 ft albino they keep in a pond in the back of the store He is wild looking
:bs:

get pics

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store